Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

20" S Wheels Painted Black

Hey everyone, looking to see if anyone with an S trim has had their wheels powder coated or dipped black? I ran into an instagram post yesterday of someone who powder coated them gloss black and it looked really good from the angle they took the pic from, but it wasn't a straight on view of the side so it was hard to tell what they actually looked like. If anyone has a better picture please upload it or if you all come across one online I'd love a link or picture!

The painted S wheels look much better than the painted SX wheels.
These now look more suitable to the vehicle than the standard S wheels (but not as good as the SX IMHO) and disguises the heart shaped pattern on the OEM color I'd definitely go that route if I had these. Because they are mostly flat and not overly intricate, they probably wouldn't be too hard to Plastidip (dipyourcar.com)

I'm still not happy that Kia didn't give us these 20" wheel options for the EX.

These now look more suitable to the vehicle that the standard S wheels (but not as good as the SX IMHO) and disguises the heart shaped pattern on the OEM color I'd definitely go that route if I had these. Because they are mostly flat and not overly intricate, they probably wouldn't be too hard to Plastidip (dipyourcar.com)
Don't get me wrong they both look great, but I still prefer the more simplicity design of the S wheels. To me they're just sportier.

OP
L
Thread Starter #7
Wow that looks so so good thank you! Black on black is exactly what I want. Did you go black copper or ebony black? Is yours an S trim? Are they powder coated or what, and did the dealer have it done for you? Sorry for so many questions, trying to decide if I should just go S model instead of SX and save some cash.

OP
L
Thread Starter #9
These now look more suitable to the vehicle than the standard S wheels (but not as good as the SX IMHO) and disguises the heart shaped pattern on the OEM color I'd definitely go that route if I had these. Because they are mostly flat and not overly intricate, they probably wouldn't be too hard to Plastidip (dipyourcar.com)
I've plasti dipped wheels before and I wasn't super impressed with the results, looked cheap but in a pinch that's what I would do. I really like both wheel sets, I don't think you could go wrong either way but I may go S just to save some money now since I've seen that it looks so good. The S model should have came with them black like this from factory though, looks so much better.

I've plasti dipped wheels before and I wasn't super impressed with the results, looked cheap but in a pinch that's what I would do. I really like both wheel sets, I don't think you could go wrong either way but I may go S just to save some money now since I've seen that it looks so good. The S model should have came with them black like this from factory though, looks so much better.
Agreed. The only benefit to Plastdipping is that it can be reversed. I’d go with power coating. Should be less than $100/rim. Allows more color options and matte or gloss finish.

I've always hated the look of plastidipped wheels, they just look dirty all the time.

Wow that looks so so good thank you! Black on black is exactly what I want. Did you go black copper or ebony black? Is yours an S trim? Are they powder coated or what, and did the dealer have it done for you? Sorry for so many questions, trying to decide if I should just go S model instead of SX and save some cash.
Sorry those pics aren't mine, but the owner did say they were powdercoated.

OP
L
Thread Starter #13
Agreed. The only benefit to Plastdipping is that it can be reversed. I’d go with power coating. Should be less than $100/rim. Allows more color options and matte or gloss finish.
Yea I agree it has it's pros, but mine started peeling after awhile. Dealer told me $600-900 for all four, but that's probably marked up.

Never go through dealers to powdercoat your wheels, it's like going through them to get a clear bra or window tint. They always charge a hefty markup.

Should be approx. $100/rim or less … I found places that quoted that price when I considered this for my LR4 a year or so ago.

OP
L
Thread Starter #16
Never go through dealers to powdercoat your wheels, it's like going through them to get a clear bra or window tint. They always charge a hefty markup.
Yea I figured it was, he started at $600 and then kept raising the price. I know a shop that can do it that would probably give me a good deal anyways, professional paint and body shop.