Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

A/C on a 2021 Telluride not sufficient

So we took our Telluride to the beach this past weekend, and on one of the days the high was around 90 degrees, and quite humid. After 4 adults got into the Telluride and were driving around with the A/C on high, it was unable to adequately cool the interior after 30 minutes. We were all still hot. The air it was blowing was definitely cold, it just wasn't "ice" cold like I've felt in other vehicles I've owned in the past, where you had to turn the A/C down a bit after 5-10 minutes because it cooled you down that fast. I wanted to put a feeler out there before I wasted time taking it into the dealer to see if the refrigerant levels were low or something. Have any of you felt that the A/C was lacking on hot days?

Yep! The a/c and heat are the biggest problems with the Telluride. I find turning off the engine shut down just to save gas helps the A/C, but nothing helps the heat.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

is this commonly known?
quite a shocker for me, being in UTAH and we get hit by 100F's regularly in summer -- we got few this past few days already...

Livinlife

I am in Arizona where it is super hot. I have no garage parking and I feel like the AC works pretty good. The AC seats help for sure. Maybe have them check it.