Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Another FNG….

Hey folks!

I’ve been an admirer of the Telluride and just happened to get lucky yesterday, as my local dealer received seven and only six were pre-sold. I scooted down first thing in the morning and snagged a Wolf Grey EX Nightfall, making me one happy guy.

I’ve already ordered the grille screen package, and Steve is about to introduce one for the back side of the main grille too.

Later today I’ll be installing Falken Wildpeak A/T Trail tires and ordering the skid plate soon.

This is an amazing vehicle and I can’t help but think “Land Cruiser lite” is a fitting description…..well, almost. A version of this with underbody armor and more aggressive tires would help get us there.

Anyway, I wanted to drop by and introduce myself and say thanks for giving us this resource. I’m looking forward to contributing and have already picked up some useful information.

Hoppy

mvcap

Congrats, that's exciting! WG is so unique, too.

Who is Steve with the grill screens? Thx!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

OP
H
Thread Starter #4
Here she is this afternoon:

And after a visit to Discount Tire:

OP
H
Thread Starter #5
…….and her she is after a few minor mods:

- Falken Wildpeak AT Trail tires

- front side window tinting

- Telluride letters removed

- headlight protection film

- Kia aluminum skid plate

- Kia splash guards

Next up: color matched body side moulding, Homelink mirror, grille screens, auxiliary lighting, LED reverse bulbs.

I LOVE THIS TELLURIDE!!!

Yo! that wolf gray looks super nice. I'm getting the exact same spec on 11/12.
What % tint is that? Did you tint over the rear windows or just match front to the rears?

My first "mods" are already scheduled - getting full body ceramic coat and then tinting all around dark (maybe 15-20%) and then going to do windshield ~55%

OP
H
Thread Starter #8
Yo! that wolf gray looks super nice. I'm getting the exact same spec on 11/12.
What % tint is that? Did you tint over the rear windows or just match front to the rears?

My first "mods" are already scheduled - getting full body ceramic coat and then tinting all around dark (maybe 15-20%) and then going to do windshield ~55%
Thanks.

I had them match the front to the rear, which ended up being 30%. From outside its perfect, from inside the rear windows seem lighter and have a more yellowish cast. The tint guy said that it’s in part due to the front windows being a different type of glass, because they are noise-reducing type.

I did remove the roof cross bars as I’ll likely never use them.

I definitely wouldn’t tint my front windshield.

OP
H
Thread Starter #10
Raise it! And you will be amazed! I get compliments all the time! Looks like no other!
While yours looks great, I don’t go off road and would prefer the better aerodynamics and handling as this is better for my needs.

Nawroth000

While yours looks great, I don’t go off road and would prefer the better aerodynamics and handling as this is better for my needs.
Yeah - I'm a soccer granny and don't go off road either. But I have always liked being higher than everyone else. I just feel more safe when I'm in Los Angeles :)