Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Anyone bought added warranty protection?

Dealer tried to sell me an added warranty plan that extends the bumper to bumper beyond 5 years for $2k. Anyone considered or purchase this?

Dealer tried to sell me an added warranty plan that extends the bumper to bumper beyond 5 years for $2k. Anyone considered or purchase this?
I almost bought the maintenance package but didn’t. I never keep a car long, I entend to see the end of this 5yr/60 k front to back warranty.

I was debating on the maintenance package too but the only problem is that you have to do oils changes it every 7k miles as well as follow their intervals.

I almost bought the maintenance package but didn’t. I never keep a car long, I entend to see the end of this 5yr/60 k front to back warranty.
Warranty is not 5yr/60k bumper to bumper. For some components, such as the radio/entertainment system, the warranty is only 3yr/36k.

All the details are in https://www.kia.com/us/k3/content/media/all/warranty/2019_warranty.PDF

Given that those systems are now very similar to a small computer/tablet, I would expect a replacement to be quite expensive on those parts. This is making me consider their Kia Protect plan.

Dchob

I purchased the extended warranty plan for $1,400. Its negotiable. Started at 2k. It is a gamble for both sides of the table. I usually don't purchase an extended warranty, but this is a 1st year model. With respect to repair costs on electronics in vehicles $1,400 can easily be met or exceeded.

I purchased the extended warranty plan for $1,400. Its negotiable. Started at 2k. It is a gamble for both sides of the table. I usually don't purchase an extended warranty, but this is a 1st year model. With respect to repair costs on electronics in vehicles $1,400 can easily be met or exceeded.
Agree. And good to know its negotiable. (y)

Haven't purchased vehicle, yet; but plan to buy the extended warranty when I do.