Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Anyone concerned over owning a first year model car?

Did a bit of research on the Stinger prior to looking at the Kia Telluride and noticed with the Stinger there were a few recalls concerning electrical wires and cabin noises. While I've purchased first year models before, wanted to see if anyone else is hesitant about buying the 2020MY and waiting for the 2021MY?

ucinn

Staff Member
Not me, have the Stinger, also got the freshly redone Sorento 2X in 2016 and 2011.. Have had no problems with the Sorentos. The Stinger bought the yellow with the paint problem but Kia took care of me very generously and bought another one in a different color after they bought back the yellow one. Have had recalls on all of them, but none have I made a special trip and had them done during routine maintenance.

I wouldn't worry too much about that considering Kia offers one of the industry's best warranty.

Not me, have the Stinger, also got the freshly redone Sorento 2X in 2016 and 2011.. Have had no problems with the Sorentos. The Stinger bought the yellow with the paint problem but Kia took care of me very generously and bought another one in a different color after they bought back the yellow one. Have had recalls on all of them, but none have I made a special trip and had them done during routine maintenance.
Any mods done to your Stinger?

ucinn

Staff Member
No, it's stock, really see no reason to mod it except for some lights I'll be doing to it.. Fogs and lower rears.

No, it's stock, really see no reason to mod it except for some lights I'll be doing to it.. Fogs and lower rears.
True its beautiful out of the box.

I wasn't too concern as we generally only keep our vehicles for about 5 years..if anything were to happen it would all be covered under warranty.

my last 5 trucks ( ford, GM & dodge ) have been recall crazy! I don't mind the idea of them finding issues and fixing them... this is a wonderful car. My only hope is that the next year doesn't have a huge motor change ( because I will want it lol ) I love everything as it is now.

I'm not really concerned either, I'm willing to put up with recalls and tsb to enjoy something new.