Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Anyone have deposit issues ??? I did

After being told there was a GG SX coming 12/4, I put in a deposit but I got two stories when I followed up to find it wasn't coming on time. 1) Car was sent back likely damaged. 2) Orders are being pushed back to Jan. I called another dealer who had a DM SX coming, a VIN and offered to help me get my deposit back from dealer #1. I tired getting my deposit back from dealer #1 myself but they refused. Turns out there's a KIA customer sale team dealing with Telluride dealer issues . Unless I as provided a VIN number from dealer #1 they never put my name on anything and yes they should've provided it. If anyone's having issues just call Kia Customer Service 1-800-333-4542 they have a team standing by.

Unless you signed a paper that stated that your deposit was not refundable, they need to give you your money ASAP. Plus, if you used a credit card, you have additional protection. People should NEVER give a dealer cash/check or agree to a non-refundable deposit. This is a tactic of dealers in days gone by which the Kia dealers still seem to think is acceptable.

OP
TellurideorPilot
Thread Starter #3
Unless you signed a paper that stated that your deposit was not refundable, they need to give you your money ASAP. Plus, if you used a credit card, you have additional protection. People should NEVER give a dealer cash/check or agree to a non-refundable deposit. This is a tactic of dealers in days gone by which the Kia dealers still seem to think is acceptable.
Being as they offered a date and then changed it to TBD I dont think it holds. Also KIA said without giving me a VIN they didnt hold anything. They're getting alot of dealer issues with dealers and inventory, so much so they created a sales team.