Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Anyone know the Tellurides Height to the sharkfin antenna? (worried about fitting in garage)

Anyone know how tall the telluride is to the rear sharkfin antenna? I found its 69.3 inches to the roof rails. Our garage door hangs a little lower at 71 at the opening. A subaru ascent at 71.6 inches would not fit by a .6 of an inch.

If no one chimes in beforehand, I'll measure it when I get home.

With roof rails it is 69.3"... I am not sure is the shark fins rises above the rails.

OP
BRUCE_WAYNE8887
Thread Starter #4
With roof rails it is 69.3"... I am not sure is the shark fins rises above the rails.
Almost positive it does go above the roof rails but by how much is what worries me.

Is the shark fin installed on a very slight slope (roof)? If so, real height relative to horizontal ground may be different.

OP
BRUCE_WAYNE8887
Thread Starter #12
Is the shark fin installed on a very slight slope (roof)? If so, real height relative to horizontal ground may be different.
I think it is. Thats what I'm wondering. Is anyone able to measure height from bottom to top of the antenna? This isnt easily done since the antenna is in the middle of the vehicle.

Most dealers will allow you to drive the vehicle home to see if it fits in the garage before you buy it. Does your dealer have any Tellurides on the lot?

OP
BRUCE_WAYNE8887
Thread Starter #14
Most dealers will allow you to drive the vehicle home to see if it fits in the garage before you buy it. Does your dealer have any Tellurides on the lot?
They have 1 lol but it is also an hour away so I'm not sure how much they would like letting me.

OP
BRUCE_WAYNE8887
Thread Starter #18
If anyone has any free time I was wondering if anyone could take some measurements for me. Can anyone measure from the bottom to the top of the roof in the back(not to the roof rails or antenna). Then Measure from the top of the antenna to the roof. My thinking is these 2 numbers would give me the overall height of the telluride. (worried about garage clearance.) I would go to a dealer but they are all over an hour away and None of them seem to want to part with a telluride for a couple hours on a saturday. My garage door is a manual pull up garage door without a motor and it sloops down a little bit. Max height at the opening is 71.5 inches tall. The telluride is tough to figure the max height since the roof has a curve down in the back. The Antenna also appears to be taller than the roof rails so my thinking is if you measure the telluride in the rear from bottom to the roof then add in from roof to antenna it would give me the max height. I do not think the 69.3 inch tall height included the Antenna in the height.

OP
BRUCE_WAYNE8887
Thread Starter #19
Roof to top of the antenna.
Hey Dave! You gave me the measurement of 2.75 inches from the top of antenna to the roof. If you have any free time and dont mind could you measure from the bottom to the top rear roof. If I get that measurement and add it to the 2.75 it should give me the total height of the telluride at the antenna :)

Hey Bruce,

Just got home from my business trip. Hope this helps.

kia-telluride-antenna.png

Front Roof Rail 68 7/8"
kia-telluride-front.png

Rear height behind the Roof Rail is about 66.5"
kia-telluride-rear.png

Hey Dave! You gave me the measurement of 2.75 inches from the top of antenna to the roof. If you have any free time and dont mind could you measure from the bottom to the top rear roof. If I get that measurement and add it to the 2.75 it should give me the total height of the telluride at the antenna :)