Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Are any Dealers taking custom orders at this time?

I was just told by a dealer here in NY that they can not "allocate or custom order" at this time... What does that mean? You can not order the specific car you want? They keep asking me if we are flexible in color and trim. We have and SX in Gray "on the ground" (as they say)... And i keep telling them NO!. We are looking for SX-P in Moss with either Gray or Black Napa...
Why should we have to settle for something we may really not like after you're in it for a few months?? It seems others here have ordered the specific color and trim they want.
It's November now... we are willing to wait till spring to take possession. Is this some kind of Mfr. production hold or something?

Like I posted in your other thread, try calling another dealer.

There was a stop order on SX issued by Kia earlier this year but I think it expired back in September. Maybe the dealer doesn't know.

I am currently ordering sx prestige packages for customers so your dealer should be able to as well.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
Mike_S.
Thread Starter #6
I am currently ordering sx prestige packages for customers so your dealer should be able to as well.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
thanks for the info. I don't know this manger lady was probably trying to get us to buy what they have on the lot but my salesman also confided with me they can order them... And another dealer said might take 4 month for delivery.

Mary N

I was just told by a dealer here in NY that they can not "allocate or custom order" at this time... What does that mean? You can not order the specific car you want? They keep asking me if we are flexible in color and trim. We have and SX in Gray "on the ground" (as they say)... And i keep telling them NO!. We are looking for SX-P in Moss with either Gray or Black Napa...
Why should we have to settle for something we may really not like after you're in it for a few months?? It seems others here have ordered the specific color and trim they want.
It's November now... we are willing to wait till spring to take possession. Is this some kind of Mfr. production hold or something?
I believe some dealers won't "do" orders. Period. Why? I don't know what their strategy is. I searched on the internet and found a dealer that would take orders, called them to verify that, and we drove three hours to order what we wanted.

robtlsaf

The dealer that I went too said that Kia was not taking special orders at this time. They said that all Tellurides were allocated to them by Kia. After 7 months, my special order never came in, so I decided to take one that was allocated.

OP
Mike_S.
Thread Starter #9
Wow! I cant believe the issues with ordering a Vehicle. A friend of my wife finally got her T-Ride after like 8 months... And She ordered from the same dealer that said they would not order one for me. I guess this is why.. it just take so long or maybe never get it. So people take something they may not really want just because it's on the lot. We got so lucky to get the one we wanted from a dealer Classic Kia in Texarkana Texas. Just happened to have a Moss SX-P shipped it right up to NY What a great experience.

amper26

I agree...no need to settle if your dropping 40-50k... Get the one you really want.

Ive been looking and waiting for my ideal one also.