Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Auto hold sound from D to R?

Hi, unsure if this is normal but do u all hear a sound that is very much like the sound when 'auto hold' is released (after pressing gas moving fwd) whenever shifting from D to R and initially pressing gas?

Typically happens when going slightly up hill when shifting fron D to R, just at start when pressing accelerator.

My auto hold is always off which is the odd thing. It started happening more recently after 7000km.

Not sure what you are asking.

First of all, are you talking about Auto Brake Hold? If so, Auto Brake Hold is suppose to be OFF by default. Secondly, I do not hear anything when "auto hold" is released when the accelerator is pressed, so I am not sure what sound you are talking about from D to R.

Page 5-43 of manual
Hill-start Assist Control (HAC)
A vehicle has the tendency to roll back on a steep hill when it starts to go after stopping. The Hill-start Assist Control (HAC) prevents the vehicle from rolling back by applying the brakes automatically for about 2 seconds. The brakes are released when the accelerator pedal is engaged or after about 2 seconds.

RoadToy

Page 5-43 of manual
Hill-start Assist Control (HAC)
A vehicle has the tendency to roll back on a steep hill when it starts to go after stopping. The Hill-start Assist Control (HAC) prevents the vehicle from rolling back by applying the brakes automatically for about 2 seconds. The brakes are released when the accelerator pedal is engaged or after about 2 seconds.
@bogiediver (on this forum) and @bogie (on the other forum) seems to have done more technical research and reading than anyone else on both forums. Thanks, because it's greatly appreciated. Happy Thanksgiving!