Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Body repair

Kia crash

Anyone else had the unfortunate event of being in accident? Had our Telluride for 12 days when rear ended. 9 weeks later still waiting for parts.I know it is a popular model but concerned about availability of parts being made to aftermarket by Kia. Anyone else waiting?

Praying this does not turn out to be the case with the rear glass I smashed this morning...

Garage door that I failed to open prior to backing out.

Sorry to see that. Was the impact on the glass or the bumper? So odd it would break like that.

Sorry to see that. Was the impact on the glass or the bumper? So odd it would break like that.
The only thing I can figure is that the sensor for the garage door was tripped as I started backing out, which caused the door to start going up. The bumper must have cleared the door somehow, but not the glass, which shattered instantly. That's my hypothesis, anyway.

Awww poor Telly. Hope it's not too expensive to fix.

OP
K

Kia crash

Thread Starter #16
Anyone else had the unfortunate event of being in accident? Had our Telluride for 12 days when rear ended. 9 weeks later still waiting for parts.I know it is a popular model but concerned about availability of parts being made to aftermarket by Kia. Anyone else waiting?
Folks wanted to provide an update. Ride is still in the shop, Kia authorized repair awaiting parts. Frustrating that it is taking this long. Kia did not cause the orginal issue, but support is their responsibility. TELLURIDE 4/5 Stars on the lot. 1/5 if you need Kia support.

The pressing demand for vehicle production is probably the reason for the lack of parts; I wonder when Kia will address the issue.

Gotta be hard to remain a satisfied owner waiting many weeks for a part.

Here is a thought... Read the forums and you will see that a lot of future T-Ride owners have been waiting months to get a ride that they ordered... So..if the lack of assembly is because of lack of parts for a new vehicle....how hard do you think it will be to get parts for a repair? I feel bad that you are waiting for parts but a lot of us are waiting for a whole T-Ride. I hope you get repaired and on the road soon...

Here is a thought... Read the forums and you will see that a lot of FUTURE T-Ride owners have been waiting MONTHS to get a ride that they ordered... So..if the lack of assembly is because of lack of parts for a NEW vehicle....how hard do you think it will be to get parts for a repair??? I feel bad that you are waiting for parts but a lot of us are waiting for a whole T-Ride. I hope you get repaired and on the road soon...

I think the situation is a little more dire for people who already took possession of the KT as opposed to those waiting. For example a broken windshield. It would be unsafe to drive with a busted windshield.

I would hope it’s on two separate paths and they are not diverting repair parts to production to meet demand.

KIA already has a good idea of the replacement parts they need to stock at their distribution centers. But unfortunately that doesn’t seem to be the case. Even maintenance parts are not widely available. I had to wait close to 2 months to get cabin air filters. Online parts lookup doesn’t even have the Telluride as an option.

I don’t know if the lag in parts and accessory availability is typical for a new model but KIA need to do a better job.

I think the situation is a little more dire for people who already took possession of the KT as opposed to those waiting. For example a broken windshield. It would be unsafe to drive with a busted windshield.

I would hope it’s on two separate paths and they are not diverting repair parts to production to meet demand.

KIA already has a good idea of the replacement parts they need to stock at their distribution centers. But unfortunately that doesn’t seem to be the case. Even maintenance parts are not widely available. I had to wait close to 2 months to get cabin air filters. Online parts lookup doesn’t even have the Telluride as an option.

I don’t know if the lag in parts and accessory availability is typical for a new model but KIA need to do a better job.
ABSOLUTELY! I feel far worse for someone whose brand new car is sitting in the shop with damage that cannot be repaired than for someone waiting to get their new car. At least, in most cases, you have a car to drive while you wait. Based on my few dealings with Kia corporate and my Kia dealer, it's unlikely I will do business with Kia again.