Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Can’t decide

Veek

Trying to choose between Telluride and Palisade. I was pretty much set on Telluride until I read about all the problems people were having here, so I started looking at the Palisade. I like both, but would be able to get a little more for my money if I go with the Telluride. Just worried about the problems I read about here. Any advice?

mdineen

What problems specifically? guarantee that if you spend time on Palisade forums, you will find the exact same issues, if not more. The Kia has the edge on looks (objective, I know), value and awards... I will admit, the wait time is killer, but what can you do :)

OP
V

Veek

Thread Starter #3
What problems specifically? guarantee that if you spend time on Palisade forums, you will find the exact same issues, if not more. The Kia has the edge on looks (objective, I know), value and awards... I will admit, the wait time is killer, but what can you do :)
I’ve read about the entire dash going out, engine overheating, doors not shutting, leaking inside, wiper fluid leaking...just to name a few. I was reading up on palisade forums and haven’t found any such problems. Unless they just aren’t talking about it.

I got a brand new 2021 kia telluride on july 31st. I was really enjoying all of the safety features and comforts of this car. It is now september 17th and just yesterday I drove it to get a coffee and while i was waiting for my drink at the window it started beeping very loudly and on my speedometer screen it was telling me that the engine was overheating. It was not hot out either. I parked and let it cool off for about 20 minutes before turning it back on. It was no longer yelling at me so i just turned the heat on to keep it off the engine and drove it home. I used it later in the day and then drove it the 30 minutes to the dealership the next day with no issues
I did take it easier on the car as i wanted to make sure it made it to the dealership to get checked. They are looking over it for possible causes now so fingers crossed it is nothing crazy. Also I have noticed that whether you were using air conditioning or heat if you turn it off it still blows some air on whatever setting you had it out like it is not fully shutting off. Just a few of the things to think about that we have come across in our month and a half of owning it.

Trying to choose between Telluride and Palisade. I was pretty much set on Telluride until I read about all the problems people were having here, so I started looking at the Palisade. I like both, but would be able to get a little more for my money if I go with the Telluride. Just worried about the problems I read about here. Any advice?
I don’t have any problems

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Hawaii Kia Telluride Owners Club 3