Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Cracked Window

So this just happened. Went in for lunch and came out to this. Cracked passenger window. No sign of getting hit around the area. I just adjusted my side mirror so I know when this occurred. Could this be a defect? Anyone else have issues. Think it will be covered? I have yet to call dealer. Any thoughts?
Thanks

Attachments

So this just happened. Went in for lunch and came out to this. Cracked passenger window. No sign of getting hit around the area. I just adjusted my side mirror so I know when this occurred. Could this be a defect? Anyone else have issues. Think it will be covered? I have yet to call dealer. Any thoughts?
Thanks
You can see the bullseye in the crack, that's an impact point.

Are you able to feel the crack from the outside? To me it looks like something hit it from the outside rather than it being a crack from the edge.

Thanks
That's in external impact for sure. As mentioned already, the bullseye is a dead giveaway.

OP
B
Thread Starter #5
94F9B8BD-FD45-44B1-8D23-7A2889F3B6CF.jpeg
That's in external impact for sure. As mentioned already, the bullseye is a dead giveaway.
Thanks for the feedback. Bummer 2 weeks in and have a repair 🤷🏻‍♀️

Will a double paned glass have a crack path like this ? I hope the outer pane cracked and not the one inside !

Will a double paned glass have a crack path like this ? I hope the outer pane cracked and not the one inside !
I'm kind of wondering the same thing because the window glass is really thick.
60432602_10219338769926327_6690829783195975680_n.jpg

windshields are double pane but side windows are not. Side windows are single pane tempered glass. That's why when they shatter they break into a hundred million little peices.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

windshields are double pane but side windows are not. Side windows are single pane tempered glass. That's why when they shatter they break into a hundred million little peices.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
The front side windows are double pane. They have a plastic insert. See gravitygirl's picture.

Hi yes same thing happpened to me my passenger window had a chip in it and cracked today and now its spreading . Something doesnt seem right as i read this happened to u too and i read all these post with cracked windshield issues i think glass is defective. Did kia fix yours
Thanks

Thanks
I realize the original post was forever ago, but recently my wife bought a 2022 Telluride literally off of the delivery truck from the San Pedro (Los Angeles) port, and an identical crack appeared in the identical location less than a month after she bought it. And I mean it just appeared. Went back to the dealership, where the service "director" ran a pen against the crack and proclaimed that it was from a rock and therefore we'd have to pay. We joined a class action lawsuit that originally was just for windshields, but he added our issue as well to the lawsuit. When our attorney's office contacted that same service director, he (the service director) told them that the whole pen event never happened and that he has never talked to my wife. And this is after trying to get someone to call back after days of multiple calls. Scumbags.

@Boomer113 and @Jeanette200, if you're still out there, did Kia end up paying for your windows?