Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Do you consider the Telluride to be a luxury SUV?

Do you consider the Telluride to be a luxury SUV?

• Yes

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
For me anything upwards of $50k is considered a luxury car. Where do you guys stand in terms of classifying the Telluride?

To me, there is more than just price tag when it comes to a luxury vehicle. The Telluride is off to a great start, but it's a Kia, not a luxury brand like BMW or Mercedes.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

I'd say with the options loaded it could be considered luxury. Buy then again, allot of new cars come with what the Telluride does. This is the most expensive car we've ever owned. It's luxury to us.

No, not luxury, but a very nicely appointed SUV for the money.

utmeep

Not Active
Staff Member
Not a luxury SUV. I would classify a luxury SUV in the $80K plus range with other features and specific brands. Kia is not a luxury brand.

It is funny how people equate luxury with brand and price. Take away all the labels and put this vehicle along side several "luxury" vehicles, and this car would fit right in. This car is filled with luxury.

It is funny how people equate luxury with brand and price. Take away all the labels and put this vehicle along side several "luxury" vehicles, and this car would fit right in. This car is filled with luxury.
I actually agree with you to a point. It's no secret that many "luxury" vehicles are really just rebadged basic people movers and the result of some expensive marketing campaign. Manufacturers then mark up the price and walk to the bank with the higher margins.

However, all that marketing creates an image of whatever "luxury" brand is receiving it, and THAT is what people are looking for when purchasing this category of vehicle. It makes them feel like they've arrived, like the hard work they put in has finally paid off, or maybe they just wanted to treat themselves. There are probably a 100 different reasons buyers sucomb to the marketing.

Kia's marketing is geared toward working and middle-class families and young single men and women. Remember the mouse ads? Those ads created an image of performance and functionality at an affordable price. That's Kia.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

For the price, you won't get all the bells and whistles in this vehicle in any of the "luxury" brands. Before I bought this I checked out Mercedes, BMW, Lexus and Land Rover and couldn't justify paying those prices to get the same features that were standard on the Telluride for way less. In many cases the KIA was better in many categories so I agree with a previous post, take off all the badges and I'll wager that people would pick the KIA over other brands. Nothing against luxury vehicle owners but if you're buying on the low end of those brands, you're really just paying for the name in my opinion.