Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

First time ordering

RogerK

First, thanks to all who have posted- lots of good advice and questions answered.

I have a question I’ve not seen answered:

Dealers are telling me it’s 4-6 months wait time. If I order now and the 2021 models are released in the meantime, what happens? Is the order canceled or automatically updated to the new model?

Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

StephenCantrelle

KIA Dealer
First, thanks to all who have posted- lots of good advice and questions answered.

I have a question I’ve not seen answered:

Dealers are telling me it’s 4-6 months wait time. If I order now and the 2021 models are released in the meantime, what happens? Is the order canceled or automatically updated to the new model?

Any ideas?

Would depend on dealership. If they are organized they should keep everyone in the same order and give option to switch to 2021 if current order is not allocated.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out as this is the first time we have seen this..

OP
R

RogerK

Thread Starter #3
I’ll let you know if I face the issue. The order went in today for an SX-P w/Towing package. Moss Green/Dune Brown. Dealer said to expect 4 month lead time. Time will tell .

Ampedup8

I’ll let you know if I face the issue. The order went in today for an SX-P w/Towing package. Moss Green/Dune Brown. Dealer said to expect 4 month lead time. Time will tell .

Curious to see when you get yours. I also placed order 2/21 for SX AWD but without prestige package. Dealer told me 12-14 weeks.

OP
R

RogerK

Thread Starter #5
I just saw a news item that the Kia plant in West Point, GA is closing for two weeks, Mar 30 - Apr 13. The article mentions that this plant was previously scheduled to halt production Apr 6 - 10 for new model equipment changes. Wonder if that is for the Telluride or other models?

T_Rider

I too am in the same situation. Ordered an SX-P with towing package on March 7th. Was told it wound't arrive for 6-8 months. I recently
researched the plant due to Covid-19 and saw they had a planned closure scheduled for April 6-10 for new model equipment changes but
instead are closing March 30th-April 13th. Called my salesman to find out if I would now be getting a 2021 and if so how would that affect
pricing. I'm thinking the 2021 models will be a few thousand higher due to reviews and popularity. He said he didn't know and would check into it and get back to me.

Wrmadman

I ordered my SX_Prestige Dec 27th. It is due to arrive April 10th. Got confirmation March 23rd the date was still good.

So I put a deposit / order on my Moss Green, Dune SX-P with tow package on Feb. 3rd, 2020 and picked it up on March 2nd! It's a beauty and I absolutely love it!
20200405_203339865_iOS - Copy.jpg

OP
R

RogerK

Thread Starter #9
Wow, that was fast! Timing is everything - Congrats!

Wrmadman

So I put a deposit / order on my Moss Green, Dune SX-P with tow package on Feb. 3rd, 2020 and picked it up on March 2nd! It's a beauty and I absolutely love it!
View attachment 2403
Nice Timing. I put a deposit on my Black Copper SX-P Dec 27th and still dont have it. First delivery was April 10th now its April 18th. Ordered via Kia Memphis

OP
R

RogerK

Thread Starter #11
I heard from the dealership today and finally have a delivery date - Oct 21st. Still waiting on the VIN. About 8 months from order to delivery - even allowing 2 extra months for the virus and model year change, it will still be more than the 4 months the dealer advised

Question - how long does it normally take once a VIN is assigned until it shows up on the failcat site? (I’m anxious )

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I heard from the dealership today and finally have a delivery date - Oct 21st. Still waiting on the VIN. About 8 months from order to delivery - even allowing 2 extra months for the virus and model year change, it will still be more than the 4 months the dealer advised

Question - how long does it normally take once a VIN is assigned until it shows up on the failcat site? (I’m anxious )

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking back to this thread now because I'm in the same situation, but a year later. Curious now as to what year model you ended up getting.