Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Flapping foam gasket in engine bay

Anyone know what this is? Found it flapping around inside the engine bay. The right side of it is tucked in above the radiator fan housing and looks like it was meant to set across the top of the assembly between the fan housing and plastic shroud above. However its a pretty loose fit and would not stay once I drove the car again. Was not comfortable with it flopping around near all the belts. BA9A7F26-C63B-4DCB-9BE1-DA8643F4D622.jpeg

Road debris sucked up off the road ?

OP
A
Thread Starter #3
Road debris sucked up off the road ?
Nah. It was wedged in along the gap for another 7” as though it was “meant” to fit there. But was way too loose in the remaining gap to stay in place.
Curious if any other owners can look in their engine bay and see if they have one.
Wondering if it was there for shipping and they never removed it.
Had a few random bits on my car that they didn’t remove prior to delivery.

Yeah probably something that got sucked into the engine compartment.

Nah. It was wedged in along the gap for another 7” as though it was “meant” to fit there. But was way too loose in the remaining gap to stay in place.
Curious if any other owners can look in their engine bay and see if they have one.
Wondering if it was there for shipping and they never removed it.
Had a few random bits on my car that they didn’t remove prior to delivery.
Could be from shipping too. That foam piece doesn't look like anything that belongs in the engine.

ucinn

Staff Member
Shipping piece not removed looks like to me.

chaidart

Good to hear that I wasn't alone with this thing.
Seem to had the same worker on our car.
This car seems to be assembled by drunk people.

RoadToy

Not a clue, but I had it too. Yanked it out. Glad you reminded me, because I wanted to ask my service manager...