Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Front collision warning on 2022 Telluride

This is a death trap!! Very unsafe for the car to lock up the brakes…..warning sounds are ok but its totally unsafe for the car to do it….surprised some lawsuits have not been filed for death or bodily injury. The owner should have the choice to select features they want, not default to what the Company wants. I will buy a 10 year old car if i have to get around this! Most annoying feature ever!! Every time i turn the car off it defaults back to active assist, you have to change the settings everytime you get in the car. This is bullshit. I hate it! I will get rid of this damn thing and find a car that i turn features off and STAY OFF that i dont want.

This is a death trap!! Very unsafe for the car to lock up the brakes…..warning sounds are ok but its totally unsafe for the car to do it….surprised some lawsuits have not been filed for death or bodily injury. The owner should have the choice to select features they want, not default to what the Company wants. I will buy a 10 year old car if i have to get around this! Most annoying feature ever!! Every time i turn the car off it defaults back to active assist, you have to change the settings everytime you get in the car. This is bullshit. I hate it! I will get rid of this damn thing and find a car that i turn features off and STAY OFF that i dont want.
As I understand it, that is a feature that you can turn off, and it will stay off. At least, it has for me. We picked up our '22 Telluride at the end of September. Amazing vehicle! I still get warnings now and then if I get close to people, but the vehicle has never "locked up the brakes" in those scenarios. Good luck!

OP
B
Thread Starter #3
I have turned it off several times, turned off the car and it defaults right back to drivers assist and you have to go into the system and turn it off, every time the vehicle is turned off. I have the SX model AWD with everything on it, so you would think I would have to option to permanently turn features off, I don’t.
I might try and cover the front sensors to see if that works? If so I will superglue dimes or nickels over the front sensors, maybe someone will develop a devise like the Start/Stop eliminator.
I did buy a start / stop eliminator for $100, this keeps me from having to push that button every time I turn the car off, that’s also a very annoying feature and dangerous, their is just enough lag time when the start/stop feature is enabled you have a higher chance of getting hit by someone while turning or pulling out.
If I can’t permanently turn off the front collision system I will get rid of it when I find a vehicle that gives me that option. Yukon, Tahoe, Navigator, Explorer, Suburban, etc……surely one of these allows you to turn off features you don’t want active, if not I buy an older vehicle that doesn’t have it at all.

When we picked up our '22 Telluride at the end of September, our Sales Associate walked me through the settings and I turned off the auto avoidance stuff at that point. It's never been an issue for me. I'm pretty sure it has remained off. You may want to speak with your Sales Associate to verify.

I also have the Start / Stop Eliminator. That was one of the first modifications I made because I cannot stand the engine shutting off like that. It's well worth the $100 and super simple to install.

I think the Telluride is SUCH a better value than any of those other vehicles you've mentioned. I hope you can figure out things so you don't have to downgrade to something else. ;p

OP
B
Thread Starter #5
Thank You!!

I will ask the dealer next time I have my oil changed.

Merry Christmas!