Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Gas Mileage

I'm wondering if any one has compared their gas mileage while using the various driving modes? If so, what are you seeing?

I have compared them over the last month or so and ther e really doesn't seem to be a significant difference between any if them with the exception of Sport mode. In Eco/Comfort/Smart I'm getting about 23.6mpg combined. Sport is a bit less .

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

On combined hwy-local driving the difference is negligible.
When I am taking a trip, once I get on the highway, I switch
to ECO and I average 30 - 31 mpg. Of course this only works
on flat terrain, using cruise control. Zooming in and out of traffic
will definitely decrease the mileage.

I get 25+ in local and highway combined using Smart mode on SXP AWD.

Also wanted to mention since never saw anyone mentioning this, as I refill gas, my mileage resets! kinda cool, eh?

I like it auto reset, that way I would know every time what's the current.

That's why they give choices... just wish they would have given choices on some other settings like Auto Hold and Cruise - I would like to have those both default to always selected, rather than having to remember to hit the button every time. Hoping it'll eventually become habit - push start, push auto hold, push cruise... Was thinking of putting something to hold the auto hold button down, little piece of plastic at the back edge between the button and the console - found that would work to have it come on when the car is started... maybe Kia will do a software update where the car remembers last choice for those like it does for some others...

I haven't see any body here using Fuelly mpg display in their signature block. Am I the only one to use Fuelly here?

OP
S
Thread Starter #8
Any one else tracking mpg?

Lately I've been choosing Smart Mode and getting about 24.5 mpg...give or take a .1/.2 mpg depending on the week.

Comfort Mode continues to surprise me. I'm really not seeing a significant decline in mileage btwn it and Smart Mode. I think bc Smart Mode seems to shift into Comfort Mode when I initially press the accelerator from a complete stop, then it shifts to Eco Mode once I'm at cruising speed.

I did discover that Sport Mode seems to be just temporary. I can shift into it, drive for whatever time/distance I want, but once I turn the car off, then back on the next time I enter the car, the computer shifts to Comfort Mode. MPG was significantly worse, not surprising, when I switched into it for about 1.5 days. I only put on about 30 miles, 4/5 highway, and got about 21mpg.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

I ran for several tanks on each setting except Sport (kinda knew what the comparative results would be).

Smart mode seems to be the most consistent for my 16 mile commute @ 24.3...

On a 485 mile trip when brand new (started at 7 miles) - got 26.4; best was last 55 miles on 2-lane @ 62 MPH - got 30 MPG

BTW, FWIW - I find the calculated MPG to be (manually dividing miles by gallons) to be pretty consistently .25 - .5 MPG less that the dash display - which I find to be remarkably accurate.

Been driving SX bout a week and I’m at 19.5 ???
Granted it’s cold up in New England but I’m not racing it around. Have it in ECO mode doing 70-80 mph ???

Just completed r/t N IL to MN - 700+ miles...

30-40 mph winds on the entire trip there, w/3 people and luggage, 75 mph most of the time, smart mode, 22 mpg.

Home was snow half way (which froze over the radar sensors, so no cruise control for that half), just me, 75 mph, smart mode, 26.5 mph.

24.5 for the full trip...

Smart mode...?

Over 3600 miles total - 24 mpg...

JimZ

Took my ex on a 2500 mile round trip. The dash read out showed a pretty consistent 28 MPG +/- 0.5 and I manually calculated each refuel at 24-25 MPG. A much larger difference than I expected. I'm pretty happy with the calculated numbers, but makes me wonder if there is some kind of calibration that could be done.

Didn't do the manual calc on the recent 750 trip, but previously (as noted in an above post) the difference I found between manual calc and the dash display was only about .5 MPG.

Be interesting if others did the comparison and shared the results...

myride

just got S AWD . will be making 10 hour run in march. will compare with my around town driving . but have only put 80 miles on it in a week and that was on turn pike just to play .