Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Giving up on my search for an SX

Bdean8183

Hello everyone. Brandon from Elkmont, Al here. My wife and I test drove a S model a couple weeks ago and fell in love with it. Now we are searching for an SX model. We were hoping we could find an SX in stock but we havent had any luck finding one within a reasonable distance to us. We are just about ready to break down and just order one. I thought I would join the group and ask a few questions before I go through with my order. We really appreciate any help. We look forward to owning a Telluride and being apart of the group.

Welcome, ask away if you have any questions. Have you tried searching on sites like cars.com?

utmeep

Not Active
Staff Member
Welcome.

Dealers tend to be super responsive and annoying when you are looking for something. Best thing to do is get a temporary Google voice number and contact all your kia dealers are your reasonable distance. Tell them to give you an inventory list of what SX models they have and what are coming in.

I did this exact thing but the next SX within 300 miles was a month away and I needed an AWD SUV quick lol. So EX it was.

OP
B

Bdean8183

Thread Starter #4
Welcome, ask away if you have any questions. Have you tried searching on sites like cars.com?
Yes I’ve tried that. The only ones I’ve found available have the light grey interior which is a big no go for us. We have small children so it wouldn’t be light grey long. The SX’s that I have found, that we like, have already been spoken for. I think the dealers leave them posted so people will call them.

OP
B

Bdean8183

Thread Starter #5
Welcome.

Dealers tend to be super responsive and annoying when you are looking for something. Best thing to do is get a temporary Google voice number and contact all your kia dealers are your reasonable distance. Tell them to give you an inventory list of what SX models they have and what are coming in.

I did this exact thing but the next SX within 300 miles was a month away and I needed an AWD SUV quick lol. So EX it was.
Yes I have already found that out. I went on Kia.com and sent out what I wanted to several dealerships and they have been blowing my phone and email up. But none of them have what I want.

If you're in no hurry I would just order one. I have an EX right now but do like a lot of the features on the SX.

utmeep

Not Active
Staff Member
If you're in no hurry I would just order one. I have an EX right now but do like a lot of the features on the SX.
Agreed. If you're in no hurry and are picky about what you want, the best thing to do is place an order.

OP
B

Bdean8183

Thread Starter #8
We’ve wanted an SX ever since we saw the commercial on them. It was a Moss Green SX and it was beautiful. My wife and I both didn’t know what it was but we knew it was beautiful. She said, Kia? I don’t think they are good cars. I’m not owning a Kia. I did some research online and come to find out they are actually pretty reliable vehicles nowadays. We picked out a day and test drove every mid size suv under 50 grand. The Telluride won hands down. Our least favorite was the Ford Explorer. We weren’t impressed with it at all. The road noise was terrible. My full size Chevy Silverado 4wd with aggressive All Terrain tires was quieter than that thing.

OP
B

Bdean8183

Thread Starter #9
Agreed. If you're in no hurry and are picky about what you want, the best thing to do is place an order.
I think that is what we are going to have to do. We aren’t real picky. We just don’t want the light grey (almost white) interior and no black or Sangria paint. Everything else is fine with us. We are going to the beach at the end of the month and we were hoping we would be cruising down there in a Telluride.

OP
B

Bdean8183

Thread Starter #10
Do any of you have the Green Moss paint? I’m wondering how hard it is to keep clean. That is our favorite color but we also like the white, Grey, and Silver. We love the black but I refuse to have another black vehicle. Been there done that, never again.

Do any of you have the Green Moss paint? I’m wondering how hard it is to keep clean. That is our favorite color but we also like the white, Grey, and Silver. We love the black but I refuse to have another black vehicle. Been there done that, never again.
Mine is white. My last car was black which I swore would be my last because of the maintenance. But every few years I would miss the color and get another one lol

Mine is Moss and it's not that difficult to keep clean, because it's a green metallic it does a really good job of hiding dust.

Also this is our last car so I know what you mean about owning a black car lol.

HTB

Hello everyone. Brandon from Elkmont, Al here. My wife and I test drove a S model a couple weeks ago and fell in love with it. Now we are searching for an SX model. We were hoping we could find an SX in stock but we havent had any luck finding one within a reasonable distance to us. We are just about ready to break down and just order one. I thought I would join the group and ask a few questions before I go through with my order. We really appreciate any help. We look forward to owning a Telluride and being apart of the group.

HTB

I ordered an SX loaded in March there was a shortage of black wheels fo the SC demand for SX orders is so high the delivery is at least 3-4 for months out depending on options ordered.

I ordered an SX loaded in March there was a shortage of black wheels fo the SC demand for SX orders is so high the delivery is at least 3-4 for months out depending on options ordered.
Congrats on the order.

Here is what I did... I went to the newest Kia Dealership...3 miles from my home. It was Taylor KIA in Hermitage PA. They were Cinderella'd with 15 T-rides from KIA. I wanted an SX, Prestige, AWD with towing. NONE were that...one SX but not the rest of what I wanted. So, I ordered in April with hopes of June delivery. Here is what I found... Not enough were initially built with Prestige Pack...and to top it off... not enough 2nd row Captains Seats were built. I am willing to wait and now I am on all the T-ride forums I find to get real world skinny on them.

2 things keep popping up.... the WISH for MORE power from the 3.8... some wished they put in the 3.3 dual turbo from the Stinger. I accept it isn't a straight line rubber burner, so, until aftermarket chips show up... just cruise. The other is the lack of knowledge of the Towing Package. I intended to have the ability to at least tow a boat (not rowboat) or a small travel trailer. Issues have surfaced with some on the tongue weight... Normal 5000 towing capacity allows for 10% of that as tongue weight.... KIA listed the TW as I believe...381LBS HUH?... then... there is an issue with the connectors being 4 pin. Most states have laws that anything over 3K should have 7 pin connectors so trailer brakes/and lights are in play. I called KIA USA and after talking to SEVERAL people..they had no clue or knowledge. I even called the Dealer and the same.

Don't get me wrong... I liked the vehicle and can't wait to see and drive it. I am in my 70s and this is the 3rd new vehicle I have bought and I think it may be my Swan Song... I may expire before it's warranty LOL. My first new was in 1980..last one in 1992. I still have and drive the 92. After seeing all the GEE GAWs on this T-Ride... I will be learning to drive all over again...but having fun doing it.

I do think, that there will be more accessories/upgrades down the road...coming... I even asked Weather Tech about their mats and they said they were in the process as we spoke. SOOOO end game... patience....

Congrats! There is a member on here that swap the 4pin for a 7pin and added a brake controller. It's doable but not an easy task.

Here is what I did... I went to the newest Kia Dealership...3 miles from my home. It was Taylor KIA in Hermitage PA. They were Cinderella'd with 15 T-rides from KIA. I wanted an SX, Prestige, AWD with towing. NONE were that...one SX but not the rest of what I wanted. So, I ordered in April with hopes of June delivery. Here is what I found... Not enough were initially built with Prestige Pack...and to top it off... not enough 2nd row Captains Seats were built. I am willing to wait and now I am on all the T-ride forums I find to get real world skinny on them.

2 things keep popping up.... the WISH for MORE power from the 3.8... some wished they put in the 3.3 dual turbo from the Stinger. I accept it isn't a straight line rubber burner, so, until aftermarket chips show up... just cruise. The other is the lack of knowledge of the Towing Package. I intended to have the ability to at least tow a boat (not rowboat) or a small travel trailer. Issues have surfaced with some on the tongue weight... Normal 5000 towing capacity allows for 10% of that as tongue weight.... KIA listed the TW as I believe...381LBS HUH?... then... there is an issue with the connectors being 4 pin. Most states have laws that anything over 3K should have 7 pin connectors so trailer brakes/and lights are in play. I called KIA USA and after talking to SEVERAL people..they had no clue or knowledge. I even called the Dealer and the same.

Don't get me wrong... I liked the vehicle and can't wait to see and drive it. I am in my 70s and this is the 3rd new vehicle I have bought and I think it may be my Swan Song... I may expire before it's warranty LOL. My first new was in 1980..last one in 1992. I still have and drive the 92. After seeing all the GEE GAWs on this T-Ride... I will be learning to drive all over again...but having fun doing it.

I do think, that there will be more accessories/upgrades down the road...coming... I even asked Weather Tech about their mats and they said they were in the process as we spoke. SOOOO end game... patience....

OP
B

Bdean8183

Thread Starter #19
Welp we managed to find one 235 miles from us and they delivered it to us. We couldn’t be happier. We really wanted the Moss Green initially but after looking at pictures after pictures and seeing the Silver in person we decided we liked the everlasting silver better. Thanks for your advice guys. We got lucky finding this one. They said it rolled off of the truck about 2 hours before I called. F8513620-153F-46F8-AC53-D7C78565FB38.jpeg