Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Heated seat not working

gofast

We have a 2020 Telluride SX, love the car and have had no issues until recently when the driver side heated seat stopped functioning - it turns on, light indicates seat heater is functioning, then within a few seconds the LED turns off and the heater stops working - passenger seat heating works fine.

Local Kia dealer has now had the car for 3 weeks - in addition to three separate visits prior to this one. They have checked the fuses and harness, replaced the heat pads in the seat itself, then replaced the control module etc etc - all without success.

Anybody else had seat issues and if so how was it fixed?

Papa Bear

I know you said they checked the harness but I've seen here that the cause is often a loose (unclipped) connector clearly visible under the seat. Good luck and be sure to let us know how its resolved.

OP
G

gofast

Thread Starter #3
After almost 7 weeks they think they have located the problem. I was under the impression they had replaced both the seat pad and the back pad - but apparently not - initially they only replaced the seat pad, when they recently examined the 'back' pad it had been installed incorrectly and was folded over rather than flat - and has actually burned / melted both the seat foam and the inside of the leather seat covering. So we are now waiting on a new heat element for the upright part of the seat + new padding + new leather.

Have to be honest, a little dismayed it has taken this long to locate and fix something so simple - it'll be two months by the time we get the car back.