Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Hey From Reno, Nv

poriggity

Hey everyone...
My name is Scott, and we are seriously looking hard at a Telluride for the wife. She currently drives a 2011 Hyundai Tucson, and I drive a 2014 Hyundai Accent as my daily driver. We just found out that we are expecting our 3rd child, so now, of course we are looking for something with more room, and a 3 row SUV is what we are targeting, as the wife refuses to drive a minivan. We'd like to stay with Hyundai, as we have had great luck with them, but the wife doesn't really care for the looks of the new Palisade coming out, and the Santa Fe with a 3rd row is just too small. She's been looking at Telluride now, and I think she has fallen in love. We are looking at the S model, as that is what is in our budget and has pretty much all the same features her 2011 Tucson Limited has. From what I am gathering in all of my reading, I am more than likely going to have to order the model we want, in the color we want. I'm only seeing once choice of Kia dealerships in the Reno area, and that's Dolan Kia. Has anyone dealt with them? Looking forward to learning more about the Telluride, and hopefully ordering one in the next few weeks.

Scott

Welcome Scott and congrats on the third.

OP
poriggity

poriggity

Thread Starter #4
Hello and congrats on the new member of your family!

Welcome! I also had a hard time finding one with the options I wanted and ended up ordering one from Jim Marsh Kia down here in Vegas.

KiaFan

Staff Member
Welcome aboard Scott, and congrats to you and the family.[cheers]

OP
poriggity

poriggity

Thread Starter #10
Thanks everyone! Now we are on the hunt for a dealer that will take the time to work with us. We have already accepted we may have to order the exact vehicle that we want.. it's just a matter of getting it for a price we are willing to pay. We have never ordered a new vehicle, so how does that work? Do you just order the vehicle to the specs you want, then sign off o all of the finance e paperwork after it arrives at the dealer? Do they require you to put a deposit down at time of order?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yes they'll just ask you what color, trim and options you want. They'll usually require a $500-1000 deposit and most of the time it's fully refundable. Some dealers won't even cash the check and return it back to you.

Once the order get's accepted by Kia they'll have a better ETA on timeline and can provide you with a VIN. Finance and paperwork signing can't be done until the car is physically at the dealer. If you want the tow package, special lighting or anything else that requires installation, its much cheaper to order them from the manufacturer because of labor cost.

Thanks everyone! Now we are on the hunt for a dealer that will take the time to work with us. We have already accepted we may have to order the exact vehicle that we want.. it's just a matter of getting it for a price we are willing to pay. We have never ordered a new vehicle, so how does that work? Do you just order the vehicle to the specs you want, then sign off o all of the finance e paperwork after it arrives at the dealer? Do they require you to put a deposit down at time of order?

OP
poriggity

poriggity

Thread Starter #12
Yes they'll just ask you what color, trim and options you want. They'll usually require a $500-1000 deposit and most of the time it's fully refundable. Some dealers won't even cash the check and return it back to you.

Once the order get's accepted by Kia they'll have a better ETA on timeline and can provide you with a VIN. Finance and paperwork signing can't be done until the car is physically at the dealer. If you want the tow package, special lighting or anything else that requires installation, its much cheaper to order them from the manufacturer because of labor cost.
Thank you. We are looking at a gray "S" model. The only options we would need is a trailer hitch and a cargo area cover.

Have you checked on Cars.com? The hitch is now available to be purchased from the dealer.

Tlsarg

Welcome! I also had a hard time finding one with the options I wanted and ended up ordering one from Jim Marsh Kia down here in Vegas.
I have also ordered one from Jim Marsh, have you received yours yet? and did you get any kind of confirmation that it was allocated. If so how long did it take?

I have also ordered one from Jim Marsh, have you received yours yet? and did you get any kind of confirmation that it was allocated. If so how long did it take?
I ordered back in late March and was told to expect delivery in June. Haven't received any confirmation yet.

We ordered our S model (w/interior light kit) on 4.22.19 and are patiently waiting. I haven't hear from Kia yet but I'm hoping the SA was correct and we will have it the end of this month! This is the first time we have ordered as well!