Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

How many people considered the Telluride because it's assembled in West Point, Ga?

How many people considered the Telluride because it's assembled in West Point, Ga?

• Yes it was a deciding factor

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Considered it but it was not a deciding factor

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • I don't mind where it's made

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • I'm loyal to the Kia brand

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Did the assembly location of the Telluride in West Point, Ga play a role in your purchase?

2019KMMG_Vehicles-1024x475[1].jpg

I liked the facts that it is the first Kia designed and built in the USA.
Besides, I live about 4 hrs. from there.

I don't mind but it was an added bonus that it's built here.

utmeep

Not Active
Staff Member
I am all for made in the USA. But in all honesty, in some industries the QC for American made products suck compared to their overseas or neighboring competitors.

I liked the back story on the T-Ride...I checked and studied the T-Ride for months before taking the plunge.. I own a Hyundai Sonata and it is a good car... just didn't care for the Palisades looks. I then found that..if I remember right... KIA got hold of an upper end "designer" from a Euro Company, put him in an office in CA and then looked for a location in CONUS to build them. A small town in GA was the choice. It is a story of JOBS for a small community ...here in CONUS. My Daughter In Law is a Korean National now naturalized. She use to tell me that KIA and Hyundai were "JUNK". Now the story has changed after she saw and rode in the SXP. My son had always favored the GERMAN blend and now she is hounding him to buy a T-Ride the next time. So...part of my choice is because of the CONUS plant ... Always remember, we have BIG 3 that we envision as CONUS built but... Chevy Avalanche ...MEXICO, Chrysler PT Cruiser...MEXICO..Ford Transit... TURKEY and there are more. I have enjoyed the T-Ride and find it with more than enough luxury and it has utility as well.

1579527164747.png