Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

iPhone mounting

Hello all -

I’ve tried making Apple CarPlay wireless, using an aftermarket dongle, so I could benefit from the Telluride’s wireless charging pad - but found it less than satisfactory for a variety of reasons. Since my using CarPlay requires a plug in connection, I searched and found a decent mounting solution and wanted to share it.

This is the MagSafe compatible mount from a company called ESR. While it’s a vent mount, it’s much stronger than the typical vent mount stuff I’ve seen before. It also has a small adjustable rubber-backed foot to add stability to the mount, without marring the silver dash surface - at least not yet.

This setup doesn’t block climate controls, but does obstruct the volume knob when the iPhone 12 Pro Max is attached. You can still reach behind the phone to access volume, but I find myself using the steering wheel volume control anyway, so it’s really not an issue for me.

I’ve experimented with which vent works best, ultimately deciding that for me the far left vent is ideal. It places the phone in my line-of-sight, which allows Face ID unlocking, and doesn’t obstruct the 10.25 infotainment screen. The phone is stable and I’m very pleased. I added a 18” Lightning cable I sourced on Amazon.

I hope this helps someone else with the same issue.

Hoppy

Here are photos: