Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Issue: Engine intermittently NOT starting

KiaMoss

Did anyone encounter an issue with the vehicle intermittently not starting? Starter can be heard engaging but engine will not power on.
On the 2nd time it happened, We sent it to the dealership but they could not duplicate the issue (I’m not sure if they did due diligence) in 4 days the car was there. We took the car back Thursday night, since it is a long weekend and we can’t have no family car. We used the car just to go to nearby store Friday afternoon, it started fine. When we were going to use it again today to go out for Father’s Day, engine won’t start again! Messed up all our plan for Father’s Day.
We just got our 2021 SX just last month, this is the 3rd time the issue occurred. Unfortunately, dealership is close today. We took a video this time to show to the dealership.

They will send the video to Kia tech line, but tech line wants the dealership to be able to reproduce it. Also if you have the uvo app you can check if they drove the vehicle or even started the vehicle while it was at the dealership. Caught my dealership lying because of the app. They fired the gentleman not just because of me but he was bad at his job. I dealt with the service manger only and my camera problem finally got fixed. I would call Kia customer service and tell them calmly about what is happening. You can also try another dealership if one is nearby. You do not have to take it to the dealership you bought it from.

OP
K

KiaMoss

Thread Starter #3
They will send the video to Kia tech line, but tech line wants the dealership to be able to reproduce it. Also if you have the uvo app you can check if they drove the vehicle or even started the vehicle while it was at the dealership. Caught my dealership lying because of the app. They fired the gentleman not just because of me but he was bad at his job. I dealt with the service manger only and my camera problem finally got fixed. I would call Kia customer service and tell them calmly about what is happening. You can also try another dealership if one is nearby. You do not have to take it to the dealership you bought it from.
Thank you for the helpful info, we’ll get the UVO app and yes that is the plan to call Kia customer service as well.