Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Just ordered

jason442

Hi All!

I just ordered a Telluride on 11/2:
SX, Prestige
AWD
Gravity Grey
Black Nappa Interior
Tow Package

My dealer has no idea on the wait time. Does anyone know if the current wait times are getting any better. Will it still be 4 months?

On a positive note regarding my dealer, They've agreed to MSRP, and deposit is refundable.

Thanks!
Jason

I typically see brtween a 3 and 4 month time frame from order date to delivery on an Sx. Most I have seen is a 5 month time depending on accessories and options.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hi All!

SX, Prestige
AWD
Gravity Grey
Black Nappa Interior
Tow Package

My dealer has no idea on the wait time. Does anyone know if the current wait times are getting any better. Will it still be 4 months?

On a positive note regarding my dealer, They've agreed to MSRP, and deposit is refundable.

Thanks!
Jason
Congrats!

robtlsaf

I ordered my Telluride SX, FWD, Pearl White, Espresso Interior on May 17th. The dealer told me 7 months minimum. I keep asking for a VIN, but still have not gotten one. I want to know how you people are getting your cars in 4 to 5 months?

Beaners

Hi All!

SX, Prestige
AWD
Gravity Grey
Black Nappa Interior
Tow Package

Thanks!
Jason
I ordered mine about 10 weeks ago and just got the call from the dealer and should have it at the end of the week. It seemed like forever. I had a great salesman and did keep in touch with him. Originally told 4 to 8 weeks. Ordered a S model with factory hitch in moss green ,AWD with the gray interior. Hang in there buddy. I will post some pics after I get it.

I ordered my Telluride SX, FWD, Pearl White, Espresso Interior on May 17th. The dealer told me 7 months minimum. I keep asking for a VIN, but still have not gotten one. I want to know how you people are getting your cars in 4 to 5 months?
Just an FYI: I ordered mine on July 27th and after numerous delays in the ETA (One recently as far out as March 2020), I began reaching out to other dealers in my area in an attempt to compare processes and timelines and I came to believe that either my order had never been submitted to Kia or that it may have already been delivered and sold for more than I was quoted. I have since placed another order [11/7] with a different dealer which included a down payment this time and this dealer has been refreshingly transparent. You may want to either demand to see proof of order or consider contacting another dealer. :(

I was expectng one 12/4 which as of today is becoming a moving target of dates closer to Jan because the dealer is at the mercy of the factory? Good thing I didnt sell my current car or had plans to actually use it in Dec.

robtlsaf

My dealer showed me that my Telluride is on the build list with no build date. You don’t get a build date until they get a VIN. They still have no clue to when it’s going to be built. It must be pure chaos at the factory as far as scheduling goes.

Bmckendr

Put a deposit down end of Aug, was told 10-12 weeks, and here it is, week 12, and not only no vehicle, but I still haven’t even gotten a build date...

SX, no premier package

robtlsaf

I just heard back from my dealer & he said that he hasn’t heard anything on my car from the factory. I ordered mine with the espresso interior 6 months ago. The dealer said that they think that’s the problem. They haven’t received any Tellurides with that color interior. I asked them if I can change my color combination without losing my spot in line. I’m waiting to hear back from them.

I just heard back from my dealer & he said that he hasn’t heard anything on my car from the factory. I ordered mine with the espresso interior 6 months ago. The dealer said that they think that’s the problem. They haven’t received any Tellurides with that color interior. I asked them if I can change my color combination without losing my spot in line. I’m waiting to hear back from them.
Hope they're able to do it for you, good luck

That's insane, best of luck.

robtlsaf

The saga on my Telluride continues. After getting notified from the dealer that they had no clue on when my car was going to be built, I decided to go up there & talk directly to the manger. Since there was no word on my car after 6 months, I asked them if I could change the color combination. They said they could not make a color change. It doesn’t make any sense. They did have an alternate solution. They had a SXP with AWD allocated to them with a delivery date of 1/28/20. Although my order was for a SX with FWD, I decided to take it. They said that I would get for MSRP instead of their $3K markup. So I left there happy knowing that I have a car with a build date even though it wasn’t the one I ordered.

The saga on my Telluride continues. After getting notified from the dealer that they had no clue on when my car was going to be built, I decided to go up there & talk directly to the manger. Since there was no word on my car after 6 months, I asked them if I could change the color combination. They said they could not make a color change. It doesn’t make any sense. They did have an alternate solution. They had a SXP with AWD allocated to them with a delivery date of 1/28/20. Although my order was for a SX with FWD, I decided to take it. They said that I would get for MSRP instead of their $3K markup. So I left there happy knowing that I have a car with a build date even though it wasn’t the one I ordered.
I'd say it's a good thing you're getting a AWD instead of FWD, better resale value and overall safer car to drive in the rain.

kao

Is it true Kia is no longer taking orders right now?