Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Kia says park Telluride outside and away from buildings because of fire.

turbod27a

This was released 3 hours ago. New recall that says its from debris getting in trailer harness connection and causing a short in wiring which can cause a fire.As of now there is no place to look up vin number to see if your Telluride is affected but kia has no fix as of now and hyundai says pull the trailer harness fuses from the palisade until they come up with a fix.

ganseg

I think there have been about 400,000 Tellurides and Pallisades sold, so reports of about 280,000 recalled seem to support the idea that only those with a hitch have this problematic wiring. But it seem surprising to me that 60% have a trailer hitch.

This area is not well protected and there is other wiring and some type of module (with the LH sticker on it). May be worth cleaning/inspecting regardless.

ganseg

A post elsewhere says all Palisades have been recalled and only those Tellurides that were known to have a hitch. So that explains the odd proportion above.

Bart

This was released 3 hours ago. New recall that says its from debris getting in trailer harness connection and causing a short in wiring which can cause a fire.As of now there is no place to look up vin number to see if your Telluride is affected but kia has no fix as of now and hyundai says pull the trailer harness fuses from the palisade until they come up with a fix.
Spoke with both Kia Consumer Assistance 1-800-333-4542 and my local dealer. You can go to dealer and they'll see if you even have this 4 pin tow hitch harness installed on your Telluride.

BillB

I just went to both the NHTSA and Kia websites, entered my VIN and came up with a clean bill of health. I have a 2021 Telluride X-P SX with a 7 pin trailer harness.

BillB

No. I purchased the Telluride hitch kit which only has a 7 pin connector.