Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Korean carmakers Genesis, Kia, Hyundai take top marks in JD Power’s annual quality survey

KiaFan

Staff Member
Impressive

That's a huge margin over the competition.

OP
Tim-in-CA
Thread Starter #5
That's a huge margin over the competition.
Agreed … good thing with ratings like this that it tends to push the other brands to up their game and improve their own quality. Everyone wants to be #1 ... poor JLR though, they can't seem to catch a break (they are always at/near the bottom), although I really never had any issues with my LR4.

Anyone shocked that Mitsubishi beat both Jaguar and Land Rover?

ucinn

Staff Member
Anyone shocked that Mitsubishi beat both Jaguar and Land Rover?
Not really, the biggest surprises to me were Subaru and Volvo being below Chrysler. And how far Porsche has dropped. Other surprises are how Ford has upped their game. Also Chevy being that high and their flagship Cadillac being so low. I would expect them to be reversed or at least in the same ballpark with them.

Croat23

I was surprised to see this data with all of the engine failure issues across several models.

Now I understand why...”The study focuses on issues buyers experience during the first 90 days of ownership, reporting the results in terms of problems-per-100 vehicles.”

I point this out as a disgruntled owner of a 2013 Kia Optima with a seized engine and Kia refuses to honor the extended warranty :( unfortunately, my confidence with Kia quality has been shaken...but I do love the way the telluride looks.

ucinn

Staff Member
Why are they refusing to honor the wrranty. My son had a forte that the engine seized on at 67K. They asked to see his maintenance records since he didn't go to the dealer for his maintenance. He showed them his records and they went and changed his engine for no cost and provided a loaner..and this was in georgia and he lives in ohio. After changing the motor, they shipped his car to our dealer and he turned his loaner in at our dealer and they shipped the loaner back. It was awesome service.

Croat23

Why are they refusing to honor the wrranty. My son had a forte that the engine seized on at 67K. They asked to see his maintenance records since he didn't go to the dealer for his maintenance. He showed them his records and they went and changed his engine for no cost and provided a loaner..and this was in georgia and he lives in ohio. After changing the motor, they shipped his car to our dealer and he turned his loaner in at our dealer and they shipped the loaner back. It was awesome service.
They claimed the engine oil wasn’t properly maintained since the oil level supposedly read low - even though I have all service records indicating timely oil changes for the life of the car. Still fighting for an engine replacement...not going away quietly. The whole experience has been really disappointing. I haven’t had my car going on 3+ weeks now.

ucinn

Staff Member
His took a while also, but part of that was he was quite a few states away. Good luck.

Take these reports with a grain of sand as they have been wrong on many reports. JD Power and all others have some degree of bias. I know this by experience and doing my own research with owners of different brands. They won't tell you how many owners has had problems unless you have used the lemon law and go to court. If you go to arbitration like I have on 2 occasions and have won my case for a buy back twice, you sign a gag order therefore you are not counted on these reports.