Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Locks

Bear

Might need some more detail.. Are you getting out or getting in? Do you have a key inside the SUV still? I know it won't let you lock it with a key inside and nobody in the seats I believe.

OP
D

Dumbo68

Thread Starter #3
It's when I get out. I hit the lock button on the door and it automatically unlocks itself. Sometimes I wait a few seconds when I get out to push button and it will lock. Maybe a safety mechanism so you don't lock yourself out?

Bear

Are you using the lock button on the outside of the car on the handle, or the lock button on the inside Dumbo68? I use the outside button to lock and unlock our SUV.

If your opening your door and hitting the lock button on the inside of the SUV as you get out, it will automatically unlocks it because it senses the key on the inside still. I believe this is what is happening. We get out of the car, shut the door and then hit the black button on the door handle. This locks the doors, and folds in the outside mirrors on ours. When unlocking you push the button once on the driver door and it unlocks the driver door, twice will unlock all doors. If you push it once on the passenger side front door it unlocks all door.

OP
D

Dumbo68

Thread Starter #5
Thanks so much! I just tried all of that and it all worked. I've had the car for 4 months and still learning:)

Marion

I too have a new 2021 Telluride...6 months old and still learning all the features. The other day I locked myself in the car (key was also in the car)...doors would not unlock. Why did this happen? Thought I would have to climb out the window (which would open)...I drove home and suggested to my husband that he open the liftgate door and then close it again (since I had used that door earlier)...he did and I got out. Also I know I have a mechanical key in the fob...but don't know how I would use that to get out of car (no key lock on outside of door)...also if I needed to how would I start the car with the mechanical key since again don't see any key hole area near the push start button