Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

More Delays?

gman1868

I ordered an SXP a week ago. Now I'm reading that the Hyundai and Kia plants in S. Korea are being shut down. Since parts like the engine are sourced from Korea, has anyone heard how it will affect production of the Telluride in GA?

Hyundai closes SUV plant over coronavirus-infected worker

Hyundai, Kia shut down production due to coronavirus
These are old articles. To date - there hasn't been any linked connection to the production of the Telluride in West Point Georgia.

For what it's worth, last week I contacted the dealer that I ordered my Telluride from (back on 2/27) and asked if there were updates from Kia and how they're responding to COVID-19. They responded that communication was sent to the factories (both S Korea and Georgia) explaining production will continue. Now, this was last week and anything could have changed at a moments notice. I have not heard or searched any further.

For what it's worth, last week I contacted the dealer that I ordered my Telluride from (back on 2/27) and asked if there were updates from Kia and how they're responding to COVID-19. They responded that communication was sent to the factories (both S Korea and Georgia) explaining production will continue. Now, this was last week and anything could have changed at a moments notice. I have not heard or searched any further.
Well, I did just google it and found Kia released this statement yesterday:
"Due to supply chain issues, Kia Motors Manufacturing Georgia Inc. (KMMG) has cancelled production operations for March 19 and 20. Normal operations are planned to resumer on Monday, March 23. KMMG will take the opportunity to perform routine maintenance activities, as well as additional cleaning and sanitizing processes to workstations throughout the facility as part of its prevention measures related to COVID-19 risks"

we ordered ours back on Black Friday and were promised dates every month and now its backed up to July its getting ridiculous!!!!