Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

New Owner/When to buy?

HELLO! Ok, so I'm moving up to South Dakota in July/Aug, I ended up with orders. Anywho, I've been considering getting a new car and I'm the type of person who obsesses over getting the best bang for the buck when spending anything more than $1,000. I mean I spent 3 months researching what TV I wanted to buy. Getting back on track...

what I want:

- At or under $45K (I have a truck I'm using for a trade-in)
- Top 5 rated by multiple sources (needs to have good resale/trade-in value when I'm done with it)
- Good warranty or available warranty extension (tired of making payments on something not under warranty)
- Available AWD/4WD (South Dakota gets snow)
- Must seat 5 comfortably (I have 4 teenage kids)
- Needs to tow around 4500lbs (I have a 68 Dodge Dart w/trailer)
- Leather/leather-ish interior (I'm boujee)
- Acceptable MPG (I enjoy travel trips)
- Roof rack available (I snow board)

After doing research I ran across the Telluride/Palisade , this little SUV is basically a unicorn in the midsize SUV segment, the only thing it's missing is a little more "oomph". My question, I move up to SD in July/Aug, I'm gonna try and pay off my truck by year's end, should I attempt to nab up a left over 21 model? or just order a 22 model? How hard will it be to find a 2021 SX, Ebony Black w/Nightfall, white/grey interior, tow package, and AWD in Nov/Dec? Will prices change? Will availability get scarce? I've never bought a new car, like ever, in fact I've never owned a car that wasn't at least 10 years old when I bought it. So this is exciting, but it's also a decent chunk of change for someone who typically lives pretty frugal. Anyways, I look forward to being a part of the community!

Stephen B.

WVU fan

what I found when looking for mine last month is that most of the allocation and special orders for 2021 SX's are done. You can only chase 2022s. Dealers in Colorado that I contacted have a good bit of EX's unspoken for and arriving every few weeks. But no more 2021s coming in after mid-year. Might have been salesperson schpeel but it makes sense

HELLO! Ok, so I'm moving up to South Dakota in July/Aug, I ended up with orders. Anywho, I've been considering getting a new car and I'm the type of person who obsesses over getting the best bang for the buck when spending anything more than $1,000. I mean I spent 3 months researching what TV I wanted to buy. Getting back on track...

what I want:

- At or under $45K (I have a truck I'm using for a trade-in)
- Top 5 rated by multiple sources (needs to have good resale/trade-in value when I'm done with it)
- Good warranty or available warranty extension (tired of making payments on something not under warranty)
- Available AWD/4WD (South Dakota gets snow)
- Must seat 5 comfortably (I have 4 teenage kids)
- Needs to tow around 4500lbs (I have a 68 Dodge Dart w/trailer)
- Leather/leather-ish interior (I'm boujee)
- Acceptable MPG (I enjoy travel trips)
- Roof rack available (I snow board)

After doing research I ran across the Telluride/Palisade , this little SUV is basically a unicorn in the midsize SUV segment, the only thing it's missing is a little more "oomph". My question, I move up to SD in July/Aug, I'm gonna try and pay off my truck by year's end, should I attempt to nab up a left over 21 model? or just order a 22 model? How hard will it be to find a 2021 SX, Ebony Black w/Nightfall, white/grey interior, tow package, and AWD in Nov/Dec? Will prices change? Will availability get scarce? I've never bought a new car, like ever, in fact I've never owned a car that wasn't at least 10 years old when I bought it. So this is exciting, but it's also a decent chunk of change for someone who typically lives pretty frugal. Anyways, I look forward to being a part of the community!

Stephen B.
If orders are backlogged like they are here in Louisiana I would order now. I researched SUV'S before ordering mine (which may take a few months to come in, and they are already building 2022 models now), and this one was the best value with more features. We drive our vehicles at least 10 years, so liked the 10 year warranty. Same situation with us, pretty frugal, my husband is jack of all trades and repairs our vehicles. We have only purchased one other new vehicle since married and used vehicles are overpriced now anyway. We decided on the EX with AWD and towing package (others commented adding towing package on their own cost more). Dealer is ordering today, awaiting final price - expecting around $43,000 + TTL

If orders are backlogged like they are here in Louisiana I would order now. I researched SUV'S before ordering mine (which may take a few months to come in, and they are already building 2022 models now), and this one was the best value with more features. We drive our vehicles at least 10 years, so liked the 10 year warranty. Same situation with us, pretty frugal, my husband is jack of all trades and repairs our vehicles. We have only purchased one other new vehicle since married and used vehicles are overpriced now anyway. We decided on the EX with AWD and towing package (others commented adding towing package on their own cost more). Dealer is ordering today, awaiting final price - expecting around $43,000 + TTL
Also the longer it takes for delivery, the more down payment we can save.