Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

New owner with a question!!!

kandbandm

We picked up our ebony SX Telluride 6 days ago and love it. I know the sticker said 23/25 mpg for gas our model and the dashboard keeps saying between 16-18 average mpg. Is this maybe because it is new? We do not have 4wd, that is why our gas mileage was supposed to be a little better then the 4wd. Thank you!!! PS-haven't read the owner's manual at all yet but going to try to get around to it today.

utmeep

Not Active
Staff Member
Posted mpg is a national average based off of testing. Everyone mpg will vary based off how you drive. On a good day I get up to 30 if I'm in no rush. Everyday I get 18 as I have a lead foot.

We picked up our ebony SX Telluride 6 days ago and love it. I know the sticker said 23/25 mpg for gas our model and the dashboard keeps saying between 16-18 average mpg. Is this maybe because it is new? We do not have 4wd, that is why our gas mileage was supposed to be a little better then the 4wd. Thank you!!! PS-haven't read the owner's manual at all yet but going to try to get around to it today.
Setting drive mode to Economy helps. Most of all, driving with SCC will get me 27-29 mpg.

OP
K

kandbandm

Thread Starter #4
Setting drive mode to Economy helps. Most of all, driving with SCC will get me 27-29 mpg.
What is SCC??? Sorry, haven't read the book yet. Yes, I know after you spend $40K for a new car, one should read about it. Lol but just busy.

Congrats on the new ride. Mileage will definitely vary on a bunch of factors. Like others have said, Economy mode will help. Don't forget to reset your mileage when you fill your tank to get the most accurate measurement on a new full tank.

Jym777

I never trust the car‘s computer for mileage I like to write down gallons and the miles I have driven that will tell you exactly especially after you do it a few times or fuel tanks full!