Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

New Purchase Disaster

hakilgore

Purchased the Telluride on May 28 by 6/6 was smelling antifreeze took the car back to the dealership 6/13 and was told there was an issue with the coolant. By 6/14 was told by service they needed to drop the engine coolant was leaking from a belly fan. I have been without my Kia since 6/13 and the only thing the dealer can say is contact consumer affairs. What a mess....I filed a Lemon law complaint with Kia. This is a bad manufacturer defect. Was planning on taking a trip at the end of the month but now reluctant to take a trip with my family in this car. I am so disappointed and not feeling compensated at all. The loaner car is a joke they asked me to pay a $50 dollar deposit. Not all Kia dealerships have loaner cars they use from their lot, so I had to go to Enterprise , which was poorly explained. Haven't heard from the dealership, no call to give any apologies for my 42k purchase, they got paid and I have the LEMON of a Telluride. Everyone that I speak to sounds so scripted and they will not say anything to incriminate themselves. You can file a Lemon law complaint with Kia. This car has depreciated in value by them dropping engines to resolve the problem. What a joke!

muveit

Sorry you're going through this and I hope it gets fix or replaced. My dealer does provide in-house loaners.

OP
H

hakilgore

Thread Starter #4
Thank you, cause I did not sign up for this.... now what's more interesting, I just spoke to the bank and they told me the dealership can return the loan. God forbid for them to do something like that. If anything is wrong with that car, I will take it back to them. I see a long ride ahead..........

Hope everything ends up well, sorry to read about your problems.

Best of luck with the lemon dispute

OP
H

hakilgore

Thread Starter #7
Thank you, I am happy this forum exists. I needed an outlet. I was very saddened this happened now I am so grateful to share my experience with others.

Hope everything goes your way. Curious if you plan on fighting this yourself or hiring a lawyer?

We had essentially the same issue with a brand new Honda Civic and were pretty much told it was our car, Honda would fix it at no charge and that's that.

Reached out to "corporate offices"; nothing doing in our request for a replacement vehicle, but we were provided with the Honda extended warranty at no charge.

Hope it all works out to your satisfaction.

OP
H

hakilgore

Thread Starter #11
Thank you! Unfortunately, I think I need a lawyer. Not sure if I can take a giant like this on by myself . I did reach out to their regional manager. I just had my loaner SUV upgraded, nothing against Nissan (Rogue) but this is not even close to what I purchased and to small for my family. They wouldn't even approve for me to have a car of similar value the dealership only approved the loaner for a certain limit per day, but wow Enterprise is willing to upgrade the Nissan, cause of everything I've been through without even contacting the Kia dealership for the same amount they approved! It would be nice for them to show some kind compassion especially since their Salesman reached out to me to come look at the car. I traded my Kia Sorento in and when he called thought why not! I guess business, huh :-( work to hard for this type of foolishness....

Sorry to hear … typically Lemon Laws kick in after several failed attempts to fix an issue as well as duration without the vehicle. This may vary state-to-state. Contact your state's consumer protection board (or just google Lemon Law + your state) to see the details. You should also be getting your payment comped and something extra once this is resolved. I'm sure this is also taking longer as this is probably the first Telluride that the techs have ever seen. Wishing you a speedy resolution to this issue so you can get back to enjoying your ride! Good luck!

Sorry to hear … typically Lemon Laws kick in after several failed attempts to fix an issue as well as duration without the vehicle. This may vary state-to-state. Contact your state's consumer protection board (or just google Lemon Law + your state) to see the details. You should also be getting your payment comped and something extra once this is resolved. I'm sure this is also taking longer as this is probably the first Telluride that the techs have ever seen. Wishing you a speedy resolution to this issue so you can get back to enjoying your ride! Good luck!

I was going to post this exact same thing. https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/lemon-law-used-cars-30107.html

OP
H

hakilgore

Thread Starter #14
Thank you! I researched Ohio’s Lemon Laws you are so correct and it’s also very important to document this process thoroughly. You are correct also with the technical aspect. The dealership was in awe and it took a few days for them to asses the problem. They had to contact their technical support to figure out the cause. First time purchasing a brand new car so there is some disappointment, luckily my dad was a mechanic and certain smells you just remember and antifreeze in one of them! I Love my new ride but it’s kind of bitter sweet leaving a bad taste in my mouth. I’ll be patient and let them fix the problem and take it from there. Thank you, All for the support and advice. It’s exactly what I needed!

Best!

I'm worried Kia is putting a huge strain on these employees to get these vehicles out, they are making mistakes. I know a lot of parts are probably automative but mistakes can be made with anything. I hope they fix any issues, I really love this vehicle.

I'm worried Kia is putting a huge strain on these employees to get these vehicles out, they are making mistakes. I know a lot of parts are probably automative but mistakes can be made with anything. I hope they fix any issues, I really love this vehicle.
That's why I haven't pulled the plug. There is such a backlog, I wonder if things are being missed...esp safety features 🤔

Owner of 2020 Telluride Prestige Package. My car has been with the dealership for 21 days and hopefully will get it back in the next 6. The heating element in the rear sear wasn’t work8ng but when they removed the seat they seen one of the bolts was “fixed” on the assembly line with a helo coil. When they removed the seat they couldn’t get it back in. So yes, enterprise car, fight for a nice car and for them to pay my insurance, will have to fight for payment of my car when I didn’t have possession of it, fight for everything then..........mention lemon law and things start to get moving. I too love my car but pathetic response from Kia Customer Service, I am fairly confident of their “fix” but was told that if I did not let them attempt to fix it as recommended by Kia that I would void the warranty. So here I sit on day 21 with my 3rd rental car, fingers crossed my seat is safely put back in.

Sorry to hear, hope everything works out well in the end for you.