Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

No heat from rear vents

rfrank261

I have a Telluride SX. When I put the setting on heat the rear vents only blow cold air. I took it into my local dealer, and the service guy said the rear does not blow hot air on the Telluride. He was baffled as to why we didn't know this. Is this correct? Why can you control the settings in the rear all the way to the warmest setting and it only blow cold air?

ucinn

Staff Member
The heat I believe doesn't come from the overhead vents. I believe there is a floor vent somewhere in the third row the heat comes out of... not 100% on this but remember reading that somewhere.

mdineen

So I just got home from a 20 minute trip to the store and, after reading this, restarted my car. Since I had just been out the front vents were warm very quickly but, after 6-7 minutes the rear vents did pump out hot air, it just took a while, with the heat all the way up and the power all the way up, for it to get warm. I cannot imagine though, with how loud the rear vents are when they are turned up all the way, that my poor kids will ever get hot air that fast. They will just have to wait for it to pass through from the front, lol. Although they have heated seats so who cares!