Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

OBD

jpmurphjp

I am trying to plug the insurance company monitor into the OBD port. Does anyone know how to do that? Under the fuse compartment I see what I think is the port but there appears to be something plugged into it. I have SX (not prestige).

Its not inside that fuse panel but underneath the dash below the panel cover. If you look at the very bottom it say OBD right at the bottom of the panel cover. There shouldn't be anything plugged in unless the dealer left something in there.

OP
J

jpmurphjp

Thread Starter #3
It it a glass breakage sensor, I assumed installed by the dealer. Called dfence glass

I googled dfence glass and couldn’t find anything. You have a link?

utmeep

Not Active
Staff Member
It it a glass breakage sensor, I assumed installed by the dealer. Called dfence glass
Take a picture of it. Pretty sure it's not a glass sensor and more of a gps tracker to track inventory. If it is a gps tracker remove it and trash it or return it to them.

OP
J

jpmurphjp

Thread Starter #8
I've learned quite a bit on this since my original post. The device says "dfence glass" right on it...and when I set it off I got a text about glass breakage detection. Lastly, there is a sticker on my front windshield for dfence...i.e., I think it is suppose to stay with me. Pictures coming when I get a chance

I've learned quite a bit on this since my original post. The device says "dfence glass" right on it...and when I set it off I got a text about glass breakage detection. Lastly, there is a sticker on my front windshield for dfence...i.e., I think it is suppose to stay with me. Pictures coming when I get a chance
It could be one of those dealer add-on where they charge you extra. Was it listed on the window sticker?

That's pretty neat. So are you keeping that in there?

I agree, that doesn't seem to be OEM. That has got to be a dealer add on or left behind. Call the dealer and ask, it's a simple enough question.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk