Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Ordering process question - checking legitimacy....

Hi everyone, new to the forum but great wealth of info on here. Thank you!

Okay so i'm in the same boat as many of you as I "placed an order" (I hope) for a gravity grey SX Prestige with McDonald Kia (Saginaw, MI) on 9/5/19. They asked for a refundable $1000 deposit, which i gave. I actually sat with the sales manager as he punched the order into the computer. This was only a few days after Kia "opened back up" the ability to even place orders for SX Prestige package.
About 3 weeks later I got a call from the dealership saying the order "got picked up by the factory." I take this as a good sign.
Can anyone tell me what happens next? The dealer doesn't seem to know. Sounds like, at some point, the order will move and get a build date assigned, then a VIN, then a delivery date.
Any similar experiences you all can share would be appreciated. If this is legit and now it just comes to patience, then ok.
Thanks!

P.S. Has anyone ordered the Telluride-branded all weather floor mats? Are they just as good as Weathertech?

ucinn

Staff Member
We didn't get any news until another month later with a VIN, then after 2 more weeks, it was delivered.

I went with the weathertechs as the Kia ones don't go up the sides..so there was more coverage.

OP
C
Thread Starter #3
Great thank you ucinn. That would be awesome if it moved that quickly, get my AWD before the snow starts up here. Crossing my fingers, and will continue hounding the dealership....

Thanks for the tip on the Weathertechs. Good point, i think i'll go that route to get the extra coverage. Thanks

Hi everyone, new to the forum but great wealth of info on here. Thank you!

Okay so i'm in the same boat as many of you as I "placed an order" (I hope) for a gravity grey SX Prestige with McDonald Kia (Saginaw, MI) on 9/5/19. They asked for a refundable $1000 deposit, which i gave. I actually sat with the sales manager as he punched the order into the computer. This was only a few days after Kia "opened back up" the ability to even place orders for SX Prestige package.
About 3 weeks later I got a call from the dealership saying the order "got picked up by the factory." I take this as a good sign.
Can anyone tell me what happens next? The dealer doesn't seem to know. Sounds like, at some point, the order will move and get a build date assigned, then a VIN, then a delivery date.
Any similar experiences you all can share would be appreciated. If this is legit and now it just comes to patience, then ok.
Thanks!

P.S. Has anyone ordered the Telluride-branded all weather floor mats? Are they just as good as Weathertech?
I ordered a SX Prestige on Aug 5th and didn’t get any notification until on October 15TH. Should be at dealership on November 18th!

I ordered a SX Prestige on Aug 5th and didn’t get any notification until on October 15TH. Should be at dealership on November 18th!
That's the quickest I've seen yet. I ordered mine on July 27th and I haven't received anything but conflicting dates and info and a dealership ID number.

B&KAdams

I ordered mine on August 10th and just received my VIN today 10/21 and was told it will be here by end of the month. The downside is it has many added features that we did not select when we ordered. We are quite frustrated and still trying to decide what we wanna do about that.

I ordered mine on August 10th and just received my VIN today 10/21 and was told it will be here by end of the month. The downside is it has many added features that we did not select when we ordered. We are quite frustrated and still trying to decide what we wanna do about that.
Sounds like the dealer is trying to put you in a position of forced up sell. They added crap to your order or they never order a car and are trying to get you take one of the stock ones coming in that is similar. I’d blow a gasket.

B&KAdams

Sounds like the dealer is trying to put you in a position of forced up sell. They added crap to your order or they never order a car and are trying to get you take one of the stock ones coming in that is similar. I’d blow a gasket.
I have already gone after them when they provided dates of delivery without any factual information over the past month and now they say that mine is on the way. I have already planted the seed that I am not happy about the add ons and was promised they would make things right when the delivery arrives. I have been in love with this vehicle for the last 8 months and finally put in an order when I realized I was not able to get the exact one I was after.... but at this point I think I can walk away from the whole thing without too much heartbreak.