Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Ordering

I was told that Kia isn’t taking custom orders for the telluride. He said if they did, there would be no expected timeframe given as to how long the car would take process and deliver (if ever) I was skeptical of this, but we went ahead and purchased the EX white - but there no garage door opener with home link. It’s a small thing but big because with all the technology this awesome car has and not to have not a garage opener. WTH?? I want to take it back because it’s missing some basics stuff I.e. locking gas cap, intermenent/auto wipers, homelink. I can live without ventilated seats that I would gladly exchange for a garage door opener.

I was told that Kia isn’t taking custom orders for the telluride. He said if they did, there would be no expected timeframe given as to how long the car would take process and deliver (if ever) I was skeptical of this, but we went ahead and purchased the EX white - but there no garage door opener with home link. It’s a small thing but big because with all the technology this awesome car has and not to have not a garage opener. WTH?? I want to take it back because it’s missing some basics stuff I.e. locking gas cap, intermenent/auto wipers, homelink. I can live without ventilated seats that I would gladly exchange for a garage door opener.
Yes you can order it as long as the dealer has the allocation. Homelink, HK sound and panoramic roof is the reason I went with the SX. It's ridiculous that Kia restricts some options to the SX.

Maybe it would have been better to have done your research BEFORE buying the vehicle, if you've already taken delivery I doubt very much you can take the car back now, at least without paying a huge premium. Once you drive (drove?) the vehicle off the lot you just lost a bunch of money and once it's titled I'm pretty sure it's considered a used car...

Maybe it would have been better to have done your research BEFORE buying the vehicle, if you've already taken delivery I doubt very much you can take the car back now, at least without paying a huge premium. Once you drive (drove?) the vehicle off the lot you just lost a bunch of money and once it's titled I'm pretty sure it's considered a used car...
Sad but this is true.

You absolutely should have done your homework before purchasing. However some states also have 3-day right of recension laws that may allow you to return it. Not sure if it applies to new autos are not. It seems the dealer lied to you because other dealers are taking custom orders. That may be another reason you have your right of recension. If you do have it, your clock is ticking.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

ucinn

Staff Member
You could also buy the one with homelink and install it yourself or have it installed.

Home link auto dimming mirrors are running about $250 on Ebay now.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk