Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Paint Chipping and Rusting Near Kick Plate on all doors

Has any experienced the paint chipping off and rust starting near the kick plate on all four doorways to your car? I believe it's caused by the gasket/rubber seal around the door itself. It meets in the spot where the kickplates are chipping. The dealership's autobody shop "fixed" it once (they did a crap job) and it's actually worse now. The dealership is going to cover a second repair but their tech's don't seem to think my reasoning about the gasket is correct. I'm certain this is going to happen again because we aren't fixing the problem only the symptom. Anyone else?

Attachments

OP
V
Thread Starter #3
Post pics of damaged area
Done - added to my original post. Where I am pointing is where the gasket joins and what I think is causing the damage. Then you can see the rust on the pain. It's substantially worse now than it was before and has spread to several spots, it started where the gasket seal hits but has expanded b/c of the terrible "fix" they did the first time.

z0rro

The same is happening on my Telluride. However, it is not as bad. This is visible on 2/4 doors.

Ghostlxl

I got the same problem with me telluride, on the 4 door! The dealer claim my child cause this with their boots for the back door. and the front door same thing for me and my wife ... and this if 100% false! as 5f 10 .. I never put my feet on the door step to enter the truck anyway .. this can't be me. So they don't want to go through warranty about this problem.