Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Rattle from captains chairs - fixed!

Anyone notice an annoying rattle from your captains chairs when they are empty?

Just found this issue and shocked. Made a video of the EASY repair posted below. Clearly a QC miss during assembly.

Let me know if yours rattles too?

Mine is still on order but which part is rattling and does it rattle when someone is sitting on it?

Yes mine rattle. Subbed for repair fix.

Interested in seeing your fix

No rattles but interested in the video for future reference.

Hope you are just tightening a few bolts in your video. More than that will be a big QC concern..
I would still be concerned if he was doing just that lol

OP
Turbotalon92
Thread Starter #10
Hi all, video added to original post!, shoot me any questions and curious if yours is the same issue? Don’t dog me on my video skills, not a professional YouTuber...yet! Lol

KiaFan

Staff Member
Hi all, video added to original post!, shoot me any questions and curious if yours is the same issue? Don’t dog me on my video skills, not a professional YouTuber...yet! Lol
Great job! Thank you.

Amazing they didn't even bother to add any felt to that piece to lessen the rattle. Great job for finding the source.

That's really a bad spot to put that cover there. We have kids that sit in the third row and they're always kicking the seat back. I'm almost certain that ours had popped out too. I may end up putting some tape over mine to prevent it from coming loose.

It's self help videos like this that make Telluride owners so awesome.

OP
Turbotalon92
Thread Starter #16
Update. Still rattles a little so going back with some double sided tape.

ucinn

Staff Member
Sounds like you pissed off some blue jays in your video...lol

OP
Turbotalon92
Thread Starter #18
I’ll update with a new video in a few days. The fix with tape doesn’t work either but have an ultimate solution. I pretty sure every single captains chair, where they get used, will have this plate pop off after what I figured out today. As soon as you sit in the seats the foam pushes backwards and pops the plate off again. Even with tape, after a few times, it starts to loosen.

Would putting some foam in the hole work?