Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Rear-ended, not even a week off the lot

I was rear-ended by a man who was “test driving” a vehicle owned by a dealership. The man provided me his insurance information, was issued a traffic citation, and he has been identified as the at-fault party. I have now found out that this man owns the dealership. His personal insurance company is giving me the run around and will not provide a rental car so I can begin repairs on my vehicle.

NIGHT. MARE.

Attachments

muttonking

That sucks. But shouldn’t your insurance company be dealing with this for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
TxAgTelluride2016
Thread Starter #3
That sucks. But shouldn’t your insurance company be dealing with this for you?

I finally bit the bullet and brought them into the situation. I'm not liable for anything and don't have to pay anything outta pocket, and they will handling it now. Just reallllly frustrating as its dragging out way more than it should (my 2nd child will be born between now and Monday lol). Really poor timing!

Krug

That really does suck. Have you tried contacting the at fault party's insurance? With the police report it should get resolved fairly quickly.

OP
TxAgTelluride2016
Thread Starter #5
That really does suck. Have you tried contacting the at fault party's insurance? With the police report it should get resolved fairly quickly.
Yeah I initially went straight to their insurance, but they have given me an insane run-around, which is why I decided to go ahead and get my insurance involved today. Literally makes me want to cry every time I get out of the vehicle and look at that damage lol

Sorry to see that. Glad to hear you won't be out of pocket, most insurance require that you pay a deductible.

Sorry to see that. Glad to hear you won't be out of pocket, most insurance require that you pay a deductible.
Not if you are not at fault and the other party is at fault which is almost 100% of the case when you are rear ended.

Good luck getting it fixed quickly.

Not if you are not at fault and the other party is at fault which is almost 100% of the case when you are rear ended.

Good luck getting it fixed quickly.
I know Geico will charge you a deductible if you go through you own policy even if you're not at fault. My wife got rear ended and the guy told his insurance that my wife stop abruptly causing him to crash into her. So while the other company was investigating, our insurance company wouldn't even do anything unless we pay the deductible.

I was rear-ended by a man who was “test driving” a vehicle owned by a dealership. The man provided me his insurance information, was issued a traffic citation, and he has been identified as the at-fault party. I have now found out that this man owns the dealership. His personal insurance company is giving me the run around and will not provide a rental car so I can begin repairs on my vehicle.

NIGHT. MARE.
Good luck with the repairs and Go Aggies Go!

muttonking

I finally bit the bullet and brought them into the situation. I'm not liable for anything and don't have to pay anything outta pocket, and they will handling it now. Just reallllly frustrating as its dragging out way more than it should (my 2nd child will be born between now and Monday lol). Really poor timing!
Congratulations on the impending arrival of child #2, by the way. Hope that joy eclipses all this car BS!

Congrats on #2! Minus the small dents, the baby will arrive home in style.[lovekia]

NIGHT. MARE.
The owner was probably admiring the Telluride and forgot to apply the brakes after coming in for a closer look lol. At least the damage isn't too bad and congratulations on the new family addition.

I know Geico will charge you a deductible if you go through you own policy even if you're not at fault. My wife got rear ended and the guy told his insurance that my wife stop abruptly causing him to crash into her. So while the other company was investigating, our insurance company wouldn't even do anything unless we pay the deductible.
No police report?