Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Replacing headliner

tntbates

Well just dropped off my 2021 SX Prestige for the whole headliner to be replaced. This started off as a rattle in the rear AC panel. Has anyone else had the whole headliner replaced? I am so nervous that the car will never be like new...Only has 8k miles on it. The dealer told me someone else was in line behind me to have the same thing done. They are calling in a Kia Rep to come out to oversee the replacement. Just so disappointing to have this happen with a top of the line car, but I can't stand a rattle right above your head while driving.

JRM

Same problem with a 2022. First a little rattle. They "pulled back" the headliner and "fixed" it. Left with a worse rattle, which they did fix (also by pulling the headliner back). Back to a little rattle - which is just above my head and is very irritating. Planning to bring it back soon. Please keep me updated on how your replacement goes. I too don't like the idea of a full replacement - but, the rattle isn't something that I'm willing to overlook.

I’m sure they made it worse by breaking some of the plastic tabs or clips, this is common on most modern vehicles. Replacing the entire headliner seems a good move and likely solution, since it will be all new tabs and clips.

Best of luck.

JRM

Tntbates - and update on getting your headliner replaced? I certain I’m heading in that direction. Thx.

Well just dropped off my 2021 SX Prestige for the whole headliner to be replaced. This started off as a rattle in the rear AC panel. Has anyone else had the whole headliner replaced? I am so nervous that the car will never be like new...Only has 8k miles on it. The dealer told me someone else was in line behind me to have the same thing done. They are calling in a Kia Rep to come out to oversee the replacement. Just so disappointing to have this happen with a top of the line car, but I can't stand a rattle right above your head while driving.
Wondering how your headliner replacement went as they just did the same to my 2022 SX Prestige Nightfall, and it came back with SO many issues. Plus, I don't think they replaced the headliner with the upgraded version for the Prestige package. I'm devastated as I've never spent so much money on a vehicle.