Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Scratched Wheels!

Pisser..

SXP - Ebony Black. Seems that wheels stick out farther than tire rubber. Seems Ceramic Coat didn't help either! (whoaa folks, just kidding - nothing would have helped on this one!) Grinded two wheels on curb (yes, 100% my fault, playing with LKA). Options:

1) Grab some Glossy Black paint and touch them up (two wheels have several spots). Won't be perfect, but..
2) Buy two new wheels (dealer only I assume - have not checked prices).
3) Beg and plead with someone in dFW area that replaced their black wheels to sell me two
4) Place that repairs wheels?? Not sure they are repairable.

Ideas? I like the wheels, so not looking to replace all with after market.

Thanks!

jeffo65

There are many wheel/rim repair shops that do great work. Most times you won’t even be able to tell where the curb rash was. Look into a couple local places and see what they charge.

Willys

You could use Plastic Dip spray coating to redo all your wheels. Many people do it as it is a coating you can remove if you don’t like it. Also works for Canadians that have SX with brite rims that want black.
See how to do it and what I am talking about here in one of hundreds of videos on the subject.
[FONT=-apple-system, HelveticaNeue]Good luck[/FONT]