Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Skid Plates

TexasDean

The Kia web site has a chart that shows all the specs for all four Telluride trims. It shows that the S, EX and SX all include "Front and Rear Skid Plate, Premium Silver Finish". When I use the Kia web site to build an EX, it shows a front skid plate as a $350 option. Since front and rear skid plates are standard equipment, what is the optional skid plate?

The Kia web site has a chart that shows all the specs for all four Telluride trims. It shows that the S, EX and SX all include "Front and Rear Skid Plate, Premium Silver Finish". When I use the Kia web site to build an EX, it shows a front skid plate as a $350 option. Since front and rear skid plates are standard equipment, what is the optional skid plate?
It's not available yet.

OP
T

TexasDean

Thread Starter #3
Thanks. Do you know what it is? I've been told that the standard "Front and Rear Skid Plates" are probably the silver part of the bumper which are basically cosmetic. The $350 Skid Plate option is probably a real skid plate designed to protect the oil pan". Is that your understanding, too? If so, would that optional skid plate be able to be added later by my dealer?

Mitch-007

The $350 option is referring to this.

69717828_10213245253119070_4203475361494728704_n.jpg

OP
T

TexasDean

Thread Starter #5
If that's it, then Kia shouldn't call it a skid plate. Skid plate usually refers to a plastic, aluminum, or steel shield that covers a portion of the underside of a chassis. It's designed to protect the vehicle's transmission, transfer case, differential, and/or oil pan against damage.

utmeep

Not Active
Staff Member
Pretty sure that's a sill plate, not a skid plate. I believe an actual skid plate is forthcoming.
Correct. That is a door sill plate not a skid plate.