Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Slow Nav Update

The new navigation update is sizable........22,336 MB.
Although I have high speed internet, the download is coming in at 2.7 - 3.0 MB/s
Has anyone else experienced the ultra slow download problem?

Torr2ga

I started the download and it was slow so I went to bed and hoped for the best. It was finished in the morning. I haven't loaded it to the car yet because I was not clear if it was limited to map updates, or would also change other menus. Has anyone loaded the updates? Do they do more than update the maps?

BARUQUEY

It was very slow for me too. Uploading into the Telluride is very, I mean very slow but... I am glad I had the patience and did it. The update I did was a complete one and improved maps, radio, and the goodies from the screen.
Get a good book, ensure the engine is running OUTDOORS, and enjoy the new updates (be prepared to reload key contacts information).

The new navigation update is sizable........22,336 MB.
Although I have high speed internet, the download is coming in at 2.7 - 3.0 MB/s
Has anyone else experienced the ultra slow download problem?
For future reference, where would one find software updates for the Telluride? I'll need to bookmark it.

Bob Ferns

I started the download and it was slow so I went to bed and hoped for the best. It was finished in the morning. I haven't loaded it to the car yet because I was not clear if it was limited to map updates, or would also change other menus. Has anyone loaded the updates? Do they do more than update the maps?
A lot of things were changed. You now have 3 address books to use for different drivers. Different radio screen. Set GPS to just go to a city instead of an address, many more, still learning myself. We are glad we did the update.

Gray Wolf

I own a 2021Telluride that I purchased in January. Would it need the update or is it for the 2020 Telluride?

Bob Ferns

I own a 2021Telluride that I purchased in January. Would it need the update or is it for the 2020 Telluride?
I would say update it. My 2021 Telluride I updated it last week and it had a lot of improvements on it. Like 3 address books for 3 drivers. A lot of changes, I am glad I did.

Gray Wolf

I downloaded the update to my laptop, but then saw a lot of posts of owners that said the 3 split screen went away and they did not like the new screen. They also said it changed the radio screen to power tubes and did not like that either. I just wanted to update the maps if needed. I am not sure other then the (3) added contact lists what else you get with the update. They say if you update and do not like the appearance you can not change back so I was waiting for opinions if its worth updating.

Bob Ferns

I did it and am happy. The new radio screen is not as nice but ok. Different. I like the 3 driver choices because it gives you 3 GPS address books and each drive can have his own radio stations programmed. I also like you can just say go to a city and it will take you there without putting in an address.

Bob Ferns

It was very slow for me too. Uploading into the Telluride is very, I mean very slow but... I am glad I had the patience and did it. The update I did was a complete one and improved maps, radio, and the goodies from the screen.
Get a good book, ensure the engine is running OUTDOORS, and enjoy the new updates (be prepared to reload key contacts information).
My key contact information was under the Guess driver.

Gray Wolf

I did it and am happy. The new radio screen is not as nice but ok. Different. I like the 3 driver choices because it gives you 3 GPS address books and each drive can have his own radio stations programmed. I also like you can just say go to a city and it will take you there without putting in an address.
Thanks so much for your reply. I like that it has the multidriver settings so will probably update. Maybe they will bring back the 3 tabs in a later update.

Torr2ga

I just did the update to the Telle. Frankly, not a fan of the new set up. Not very intuitive and now all of my fuel milage, odometer, speedometer etc to metric and I cannot figure out how to change them back. Anyone know how to change them back? I'm not ready to go metric.

I just did the update to the Telle. Frankly, not a fan of the new set up. Not very intuitive and now all of my fuel milage, odometer, speedometer etc to metric and I cannot figure out how to change them back. Anyone know how to change them back? I'm not ready to go metric.
Setup > Nav > display > information > units

I just downloaded the new update and it is actually GB not MB big....28+ I was wondering why members where quoting long times. It took 10 mins but I have. 1GB internet connection which will spoil you on things like this.