Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Telluride-or-Die: New Kia SUV So Much Better Than Sorento, It’s Fratricide

Price Comparison
Each stone that I turned over between the two vehicles revealed additional advantages for the Telluride. It just offers you more of everything in a more cohesive, better-looking package that has big utility advantages, as well. And if you walk the pricing grades between the two, it lines up pretty favorably for the Telluride, especially with the added standard safety equipment. An LX V-6 version of the Sorento starts at $32,335 (prices include destination), while the Telluride will only cost you $400 more. The Sorento EX does wield some price advantage over the Telluride EX ($36,635 to $38,135), but as you move up to the top trim levels, the Telluride reclaims its lead.

Stick a fork in the Sorento. $2k is nothing.

ucinn

Staff Member
I agree, that's why we're trading in our Sorento on the Telluride, just so much more vehicle for the money.

I only hope they are able to maintain quality control while rushing to get them to market.

Stick a fork in the Sorento. $2k is nothing.
I wonder what the future holds for the Sorento as the Telluride explodes on the scene with the value proposition that makes it a great choice? I'm sure there are folks that prefer the size of the Sorento, sales over the next year or two should be telling.

I have both. A 2018 Sorento 2.0L EX and a 2020 Telluride S. They are both great SUV's with different advantages. I like the size, power, and seats of the Telluride. I like the sporty feel of the Sorento with some of the extra features I didn't get in the Telluride.