Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Telluride ride issues

Nightrider

I have a 2021 SX Nightfall. It now has 5000 miles. When the Telluride has been sitting in the garage all night and then i get it on the road the next morning and start to drive it down the road, it has a noticeable bounce. After driving for awhile it smooths out. I took it back to the dealer and ask them if it was because of the 20 inch tires getting flat spots from sitting and then after they warm up, it gets smooth again. They acted like it was the first time they had ever heard such a thing , which surprised me. I expected them to say it was typical of the 20 inch tires. They balanced all 4 tires and said they were a little off. It drove beautiful on the way home, but the bouncing returned the next morning. I tried to blame the road, but it has been freshly paved and it has done it on different roads anyway. My question is, has anyone else been having this same bouncing problem in their Telluride with the 20 inch wheels? I would love to replace the 20 inch tires with 18’s, just to see the difference. I’m hoping it’s not a drive shaft problem, but then that would not go away..

stevewu

Are you sure it is not the self leveling suspension? Mine has become rough over the past few weeks, but I have 60k miles on mine. The dealer said some of the rear shocks leak causing issues.

If balancing didn’t resolve it there is a possibility of an out-of-round tire, due to a belt overlap, tread separation, etc. Flat spots are pretty rare with modern tires.

I’d suggest a good tire shop in your area.

If you feel it in the steering wheel, it’s typically front tires. If felt in the seats, I’d focus on rears.

I have a 2021 SX Nightfall. It now has 5000 miles. When the Telluride has been sitting in the garage all night and then i get it on the road the next morning and start to drive it down the road, it has a noticeable bounce. After driving for awhile it smooths out. I took it back to the dealer and ask them if it was because of the 20 inch tires getting flat spots from sitting and then after they warm up, it gets smooth again. They acted like it was the first time they had ever heard such a thing , which surprised me. I expected them to say it was typical of the 20 inch tires. They balanced all 4 tires and said they were a little off. It drove beautiful on the way home, but the bouncing returned the next morning. I tried to blame the road, but it has been freshly paved and it has done it on different roads anyway. My question is, has anyone else been having this same bouncing problem in their Telluride with the 20 inch wheels? I would love to replace the 20 inch tires with 18’s, just to see the difference. I’m hoping it’s not a drive shaft problem, but then that would not go away..
I just started experiencing a bouncy ride. At the same time, I started noticing a popping sound from the rear. I have around 55K on my 2020. My local Kia dealer identified the problems - they replaced the right rear shock absorber assembly. That took care of my issue. Fortunately, this happened before my warranty expired.

Ricmic1212

I have 2022 EX 18 inch , it rides so smooth and comfy. I hate 20's. They ride too hard rough for me ,, but they do look cool.

L

lbanister7

2022 Telluride S, vibration and ride issues from day one. Three service visits now, replaced out of balance drive shaft, still vibrating. Now meeting with regional tech rep. 6k miles. Also bounces on roads that are not perfect. Rides ok on smooth roads.

We love our 2022 Telluride SX. Approaching 10k miles with zero problems. Great ride and great power! We love it!!

2022 Telluride S, vibration and ride issues from day one. Three service visits now, replaced out of balance drive shaft, still vibrating. Now meeting with regional tech rep. 6k miles. Also bounces on roads that are not perfect. Rides ok on smooth roads.
Any updates to your situation? I have a 2022 Telluride S and the vibrations occur at most speeds, seems fine in the 40-50 mph range. Dealer says they didn't feel it. Nor did my mechanic on a test drive.