Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

TELLURIDE SX NOT BEING DELIVERED

Hunter 51

No one will say but kia seams not to be able to build any high end tellurides if they would say why I might not be so worried If any one knows let us know.

No one will say but kia seams not to be able to build any high end tellurides if they would say why I might not be so worried If any one knows let us know.
Worried about what?

When did you order it?

OP
H

Hunter 51

Thread Starter #4
was ordered over 7 weeks ago and there is on date of when it will be built A friend has on ordered over 13 weeks and

no word on it I have ordered lots of cars and nothing ever took this long and they give no updates of where it is in production

I received my white sx (no prestige pkg.) today. I ordered it on 3/27

NOTICE TO BUYERS WITH ORDERS: After waiting more than 2 months, Kia told my dealer today they CANNOT HONOR my order for the white SX Prestige AWD/tow gray Nappa and to return my deposit. Dealer confirmed Kia still has trouble getting gray Nappa BUT ALSO has other issues with the configuration (he mentioned AWD). We placed order March 30 and were initially told 30 days, then a week later Kia tells our dealer it will be 60-90 days and dealer even agreed to honor the incentives even if Kia would not. Checked in w/dealer two weeks ago and was told it should arrive the first week of June. So checked in yesterday and this is the result. We are extremely upset and are demanding Kia honor our order to the extent possible and to advise what colors/options Kia can deliver in the SX Prestige, as we can do without AWD/tow and would entertain other colors. If anyone has received an SX with Prestige and/or AWD, please let me know what colors/options and date of order. I am at a loss as to how Kia can advertise this, take our order/deposit, and not tell us for 2 months they cannot fulfill our order. Any relevant info is helpful.

NOTICE TO BUYERS WITH ORDERS: After waiting more than 2 months, Kia told my dealer today they CANNOT HONOR my order for the white SX Prestige AWD/tow gray Nappa and to return my deposit. Dealer confirmed Kia still has trouble getting gray Nappa BUT ALSO has other issues with the configuration (he mentioned AWD). We placed order March 30 and were initially told 30 days, then a week later Kia tells our dealer it will be 60-90 days and dealer even agreed to honor the incentives even if Kia would not. Checked in w/dealer two weeks ago and was told it should arrive the first week of June. So checked in yesterday and this is the result. We are extremely upset and are demanding Kia honor our order to the extent possible and to advise what colors/options Kia can deliver in the SX Prestige, as we can do without AWD/tow and would entertain other colors. If anyone has received an SX with Prestige and/or AWD, please let me know what colors/options and date of order. I am at a loss as to how Kia can advertise this, take our order/deposit, and not tell us for 2 months they cannot fulfill our order. Any relevant info is helpful.
Really sorry to hear about your situation. Did the dealer ever informed you that Kia had accepted your order? From what I'd gathered from speaking with my dealer, Kia will inform dealers that their order was accepted before it can be allocated to build.

Tman

Hmm...this doesn't smell right. Did you ever receive notice from your dealer that KIA Motors formally accepted your order? Did your dealer present to you the actual written communication they received from KIA Motors stating they cannot honor your order?

Really sorry to hear about your situation. Did the dealer ever informed you that Kia had accepted your order? From what I'd gathered from speaking with my dealer, Kia will inform dealers that their order was accepted before it can be allocated to build.
That’s what I was told - that the order had been placed with Kia and accepted.

gmneil

I'm sorry to hear that, maybe the dealer is leaving out some information or something as I just got the call from my dealer, ordered the very end of march , ebony black with black interior SXP , AWD, with towing added not the towing package also threw on the illuminated scuff plates, dealer just got a delivery date from kia of 6/28.

I agree with the posts stated above there is something not right, seeing that you ordered back in March you shouldn't have been affected by the current back log.

Hmm...this doesn't smell right. Did you ever receive notice from your dealer that KIA Motors formally accepted your order? Did your dealer present to you the actual written communication they received from KIA Motors stating they cannot honor your order?
I'd question the dealer and ask to seek the official Kia documentation. I'd assume if the order is in the pipeline and is going to be manufactured that the dealer may be trying to divert the unit into their inventory where they could try to sell it at higher mark up. One other poster (not sure if here or the other forum) stated that his dealer offered him $5K for him to "give up" his order. Trust no one!!

UPDATE: after seeing the responses above (thanks again), thinking about it, and confirming there are no SX’s with the colors we would consider within a large radius, I decided this is unacceptable and spoke to a higher-up at the dealer. Dealer confirmed my order is in Kia’s system as a “sold vehicle” but an “unfilled” order, and that Kia has indeed advised they could not give any assurances on a delivery date due to the Prestige Nappa leather issue (hence, the dealer wanted to refund my deposit due to no way to give me an ETA). I demanded that some effort be made to fill the order, even if it meant sacrificing AWD and Prestige, and the dealer called Kia who agreed to allocate a non-Prestige SX in either white or Moss exterior (gray interior). Supposed to have manufacturer confirmation of the allocation by Friday, Monday latest, with ETA 1st week in July.

I'd question the dealer and ask to seek the official Kia documentation. I'd assume if the order is in the pipeline and is going to be manufactured that the dealer may be trying to divert the unit into their inventory where they could try to sell it at higher mark up. One other poster (not sure if here or the other forum) stated that his dealer offered him $5K for him to "give up" his order. Trust no one!!
I agree - I don't trust anyone. However, this dealer knows that I'm a commercial attorney and I've been very clear and stern about my order from the beginning. I have also monitored the dealer's inventory both online and in person the last 2 months. My sales guy told me he would let me know if any SX's came in close to mine, and he did (it was without Prestige, and I declined at the time not knowing there would be a problem getting the Prestige). See my UPDATE above...basically, dealer does have a "sold order" in Kia's system, but due to Kia balking on giving any sort of time frame for delivery, they wanted to refund.

I agree - I don't trust anyone. However, this dealer knows that I'm a commercial attorney and I've been very clear and stern about my order from the beginning. I have also monitored the dealer's inventory both online and in person the last 2 months. My sales guy told me he would let me know if any SX's came in close to mine, and he did (it was without Prestige, and I declined at the time not knowing there would be a problem getting the Prestige). See my UPDATE above...basically, dealer does have a "sold order" in Kia's system, but due to Kia balking on giving any sort of time frame for delivery, they wanted to refund.
Glad to hear there's some resolution. Hope everything goes well with this order.

Good on both the dealer and Kia for making it work.

Good luck on the new order!!!

UPDATE: after seeing the responses above (thanks again), thinking about it, and confirming there are no SX’s with the colors we would consider within a large radius, I decided this is unacceptable and spoke to a higher-up at the dealer. Dealer confirmed my order is in Kia’s system as a “sold vehicle” but an “unfilled” order, and that Kia has indeed advised they could not give any assurances on a delivery date due to the Prestige Nappa leather issue (hence, the dealer wanted to refund my deposit due to no way to give me an ETA). I demanded that some effort be made to fill the order, even if it meant sacrificing AWD and Prestige, and the dealer called Kia who agreed to allocate a non-Prestige SX in either white or Moss exterior (gray interior). Supposed to have manufacturer confirmation of the allocation by Friday, Monday latest, with ETA 1st week in July.
Happy to hear, looking forward to seeing in a Telluride.