Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Telluride SX wait time

MWilson

I put in a request, with deposit, for a Kia Telluride SX on August 8, 2021, with the local dealership in Prescott Valley, AZ. I was recently informed by the dealership that Kia has not given them the opportunity to order an SX model in five months, but they could order an EX-model for me. They did offer to return my deposit, but I said I would prefer to continue to wait for what I requested.
Has anyone experienced this? Is this the norm based on the demand for the SX model? Thank you.

jazzyjb

I put in a request, with deposit, for a Kia Telluride SX on August 8, 2021, with the local dealership in Prescott Valley, AZ. I was recently informed by the dealership that Kia has not given them the opportunity to order an SX model in five months, but they could order an EX-model for me. They did offer to return my deposit, but I said I would prefer to continue to wait for what I requested.
Has anyone experienced this? Is this the norm based on the demand for the SX model? Thank you.
I just put a deposit on an SX a week from today. They told me 90 days max.. but I am in the Southeast which is close to the manufacturer.. not sure. I have sent my dealer a question asking where I am in the que of orders because I am supposed to sell my current car to carvana in April. You can also send questions directly to the manufacturer website if you google it.

ike123

ok, curious if anyone else has had to wait "this" long. We put in our order with the dealer May 20, 2021 for a Gravity Grey SX AWD with towing and nightfall. Originally told 6-8 months (typical wait time). Got to 8 months (January 2022) and asked for update on ETA from dealer and were told another 90 days (which would put us at 10-11 months of waiting). Got 60 ish days into the "90" days and were told our car went into production and we'd have the ETA in 7 days. Dealer called at the 7 days and told us our ETA was June 28. So almost 14 months after our initial order with them. I know they don't have the highest allotment but does this seem right at all to anyone? 14 months? I feel like we'll never actually get our car at this point and are getting yanked around. So frustrating

We ordered our GWP/BS SX on October 11, 2021 from a low volume dealer and took delivery 3.5 months later! So I would say, that it is not normal compared to my experience!

That seems like a crazy long time, regardless of the allowances. We got lucky, we have a 2020 S, just put an order in for a SX-P on February and will be picking it up in April. I know its a lucky situation and circumstances for us and i cant imagine waiting that long. At this point, put a refundable deposit down somewhere else, place and order and see what comes first.

OP
M

MWilson

Thread Starter #10
ok, curious if anyone else has had to wait "this" long. We put in our order with the dealer May 20, 2021 for a Gravity Grey SX AWD with towing and nightfall. Originally told 6-8 months (typical wait time). Got to 8 months (January 2022) and asked for update on ETA from dealer and were told another 90 days (which would put us at 10-11 months of waiting). Got 60 ish days into the "90" days and were told our car went into production and we'd have the ETA in 7 days. Dealer called at the 7 days and told us our ETA was June 28. So almost 14 months after our initial order with them. I know they don't have the highest allotment but does this seem right at all to anyone? 14 months? I feel like we'll never actually get our car at this point and are getting yanked around. So frustrating
I am at eight months and the dealer has not yet told me they have had an opportunity to place an order on an SX, but I am first in line ??

Not sure of the reason behind the disparity in some getting in 3 months and some having to wait close to 10-12 months. Maybe others have a better incite as to why.....Regardless of low or high volume, it shouldn't take 10-12 months...

Hangfire

You may want to put an order in at another dealership if you can afford another deposit. Keep the one that comes in first and cancel the other.

You can also send questions directly to the manufacturer website if you google it.
Are you sending emails directly to KIA instead of your dealer for updates? If so, are they able to identify your order in the queue?

jazzyjb

Are you sending emails directly to KIA instead of your dealer for updates? If so, are they able to identify your order in the queue?
yes, directly to Kia under the "contact us" button under Coroporate. They sent me a form I filled out about what Telluride I ordered, but they told me they have not received my order yet, which is true. I asked my dealer and ill put their response below.. still have hope I will get mine with the 90 day window!

Yes, your desired Telluride has been ordered and as I had said before Kia has an allocation program in place that situates when orders are picked up for manufacturing. Your particular order was not picked up on the last allocation. It is sure to picked up on the next allocation.

At this time I am unable to give you a particular position that you are in. All orders are separate and different aspects of build-outs determine when a particular order is allocated. The allocations are based on a number of factors; paint, materials, parts and transportation are only part of the equation. Allocations are also determinant on the number of orders throughout the region.

gilomen2

Anyone know when it's likely that orders will get bumped to 2023 model? We ordered from Moritz Ft. Worth on January 1, 2022 and were told 4-6 months. No idea if that is accurate at this point, but I've heard that some current orders are likely going to end up bumped to the next model.

Bowda1246

For those looking for a Telluride....I stopped by my local dealer H&H Kia (HHKIA.COM) in Omaha, NE today to set up an appt for oil change.
There were 17 used Tellurides in their lot waiting to be sold. Caution, though, when I stopped by last summer and saw one on their lot, they had a $15,000 adjustment on it.
Now with 17 units, maybe they have changed that. Never hurts to ask. Good luck if you are looking! They are worth the MSRP price!

LJay

I put in an order 7/21/21 for an SX prestige and I was told hopefully by summer. This was after told with it would be October, December, and March. This week I contacted them and they said only S and Ex this month. I currently am about 6th from the top- whatever that means. I chose to wait too!

ike123

For those looking for a Telluride....I stopped by my local dealer H&H Kia (HHKIA.COM) in Omaha, NE today to set up an appt for oil change.
There were 17 used Tellurides in their lot waiting to be sold. Caution, though, when I stopped by last summer and saw one on their lot, they had a $15,000 adjustment on it.
Now with 17 units, maybe they have changed that. Never hurts to ask. Good luck if you are looking! They are worth the MSRP price!
That adjustment is still accurate at H&H. We ordered an sx through then may ‘21 and were told our ETA is June 21, 2022 😩 so we went and looked again to see if we even want to bother when we keep getting told ‘90 more days’ it seems and I test drove one again (black SX with T/NF with 8000 miles) and they wanted 64k for it 😳

That adjustment is still accurate at H&H. We ordered an sx through then may ‘21 and were told our ETA is June 21, 2022 😩 so we went and looked again to see if we even want to bother when we keep getting told ‘90 more days’ it seems and I test drove one again (black SX with T/NF with 8000 miles) and they wanted 64k for it 😳
For 64K, I would be driving an X5. Bought SX, GWP, Butterscotch for 45K out the door with only 3.5 month wait.

ike123

For 64K, I would be driving an X5. Bought SX, GWP, Butterscotch for 45K out the door with only 3.5 month wait.
The markups are def crazy. We’ll have waited 13 months by the time ours comes in 😒

Our dealership gets ~20 per month (total in diff trims) based on failcat, but apparently still low volume. We were told initially 6-8 mo. We put a down on a ‘22 explorer ST that we’ll only have to wait 3 weeks for, so we’ll see if we even want to wait on the Telly after we drive the ST a bit