Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

The things you do to protect the Telluride in NYC

Those things are everywhere around the City where people have a tendency to "park by feel". I live in the eastern suburbs of NY (Long Island) where people are a little better. I prefer to leave the trailer ballmount and ball in the receiver all the time. The chrome finish on the ball ball got scuffed up a little when I towed the bike so I just sprayed it black, looks fine and certainly serves as a deterrent to the "park by feel" crowd.

I've seen those in SF too, there are some people that even resort to installed hitch mounted steps to prevent people from hitting their bumper.

Yea. It’s really unfortunate. You just can’t have nice things! It was the same in Boston where I lived years ago and WAY before parking sensors. Vehicles should have a feature that uses the car’s sensors and brake lights to let the person parking behind them that they are too close.