Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Towing Package addition

djw

Can a Kia dealer add the towing package if it was not installed at the factory? If installed by dealer, is it the same as factory installed package?

SnoJay37

Don’t quote me on this but I think I recall coming across this when I was looking for a Telluride and found the dealer could only install the hitch. I’m not positive though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sknuts82

I worked at a Kia Dealer. You can have the hitch and wiring harness installed but you cannot get the leveling system that comes with the factory installed towing package. The cost is about $700 for parts and labor to do the install. We did lots of them.

I worked at a Kia Dealer. You can have the hitch and wiring harness installed but you cannot get the leveling system that comes with the factory installed towing package. The cost is about $700 for parts and labor to do the install. We did lots of them.
That's about the price of the factory installed towing package. Might as well get that instead of the hitch/wiring.

bedyot

Is the tow hitch optional package of the 2021 Telluride a 7 or 4 pin connector?