Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Trailer Brake Controller Plug Under Dash

playared

Purchased a 2021 EX with tow package. I can not find a plug for the electric brake controller under to dash. Does the tow package include the wiring to the front for the electric brake controller? Also, did not find a harness which I expected to connect the brake controller.

OP
P

playared

Thread Starter #2
Finally got the tow package on the EX sorted out. Dealer gave me the package which contains a ball mount and pin for the hitch and the connector/pigtail for connecting the electric brake controller. Also, included the installation manual for the tow wiring harness. With these it should be straight forward to install the electric brake controller. According to the manual the electric brake controller plug is under the dash on the driver side. Will check tomorrow as it is dark now.

One item to be aware of, the 12V input to the trailer at the 7 pole connector appears to be hot with the Telluride started or shut off. If the trailer battery is discharged or dead and the trailer is hooked up with the Telluride shut off for a period, the Telluride battery would discharge. Most trailer towing packages put a relay in the 12v line to the trailer that only allows the line to be hot when the Telluride is started/running.

Will check this again to be sure. Planning to install a relay.