Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

TROUBLE WITH THE REAR CLIMATE CONTROL PANEL

Joe

I use all the correct steps listed in the vehicle manual to turn off (disable) the rear climate control button. I do this in conjunction; using all of the assigned controls on the front panel (on the dash), the front monitor (plus I activate the "locked" button on this monitor) and the rear climate control panel that's located in the ceiling over the second row captains chairs. My problem is the rear climate control will not stayed turned off. It deactivates (turns off) for a period of time. Sometimes it lasts for a day, and other times just several hours. I don't want it running unless I actually need it, as it's a needless electrical draw on the system, and I don't care for the noise it makes as it vents through the extensive rear climate control system. I'm at a loss how to keep it turned off, and would appreciate any advice you might have here. I will eventually contact the service manager at the dealership, but don't expect too much help, as it's too new a vehicle to have a history on. Any advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated. Joe

When it turns back on automatically were you using defrost?

OP
Joe

Joe

Thread Starter #3
When it turns back on automatically were you using defrost?
No. I have tried deactivating it in all modes, without luck. It turned on again this morning, after I cold started it. Very strange, as it's activated on the dashboard monitor, and the second row seat overhead control panel. The defrost mode is the nosiest or loudest. Even if it was quiet, I don't like the idea of a fan pushing air through the rear climate control system; without me being able to turn if off and on permanently at my command. It seems very strange, that the system goes back to on automatically, after sitting in the garage overnight. I hope to call the KIA service department Monday, but don't expect much luck as it sounds like something I might have to live with. P.S. I just went out to start the SUV after it had been sitting there for just four hours. The rear climate control had once again activated itself. The fan was on its number two setting, and it was in the mode that blows air straight on, and also down to the floor. There's no way it should be doing this when its in the lock mode on the monitor.

Just throwing something out there and I realize it's probably apples to oranges but on my GMC I have to physically turn off the rear screen by turning the rear fan speed switch all the way to off/zero. Even if I have the front control turned off the rear screen will still come on unless I turn off the fan switch at the rear screen. Just something else to try, good luck...

OP
Joe

Joe

Thread Starter #5
Just throwing something out there and I realize it's probably apples to oranges but on my GMC I have to physically turn off the rear screen by turning the rear fan speed switch all the way to off/zero. Even if I have the front control turned off the rear screen will still come on unless I turn off the fan switch at the rear screen. Just something else to try, good luck...
Thank you for your suggestion. I've tried that too without success. In fact, I just went out and started it up, and once again the rear climate control has activated itself, even with the front control panel completely off. Its also always in the second fan speed mode, with the air direction mode blowing straight on. A frustrating problem for sure. It's time for me to give up, and call the dealer service department tomorrow. :-(

OP
Joe

Joe

Thread Starter #7
any update,...i have the same issue
Unfortunately no. I have been back to the dealer twice and contacted KIA's consumer affairs department with no tangible results. In addition, the rear climate control now activates itself several times a day when I'm driving. I'm being told by my dealership that eventually some kind of software patch will be made available to correct this onboard tech problem. It's a fact that many new Telluride owners are now experiencing this same problem. I'm glad you contacted me, as your asking has given me new interest in contacting KIA once again for some kind of update after all these months. Fortunately, I've kept every contact documentation I've had since I purchased the vehicle this past March. It will be interesting to hear what kind of bullsh*t KIA's consumer affairs department gives me this time. If I hear anything new, or encouraging I will certainly post it here. Thank you again for contacting me about this. Regards, Joe

easyman

I went to the dealer again for the same issue, after testing for a whole day he said it is a specification on the kia telluride!!
I think he does not know how to solve the issue.

Kia need to solve the issue fast

OP
Joe

Joe

Thread Starter #9
My latest email sent to Mariella at KIA Consumer Assistance ten days ago. As of today, not even the decency of a reply. Their Consumer Affairs department sucks!

Mariella,

The last email I received from you concerning my rear climate control problem was on 04/15/2019. My last attempt for a repair at the dealership where I purchased the vehicle was on 06/18/2019. It's a 100 mile roundtrip for me to go to that dealership. Basically, they told me it's a software problem, and hopefully a "patch" will come out at some point in the future. As you can see, I've tried to be as patient as I can about this electrical/software repair problem, as it's now 11/04/2019. Unfortunately, since I've first communicated with you on 04/02/2019, and my initial contact with KIA Consumer Assistance Center on 03/15/2019 (just three days after I purchased the vehicle) the electrical/software problem has gotten exponentially worse. What was happening once, or twice a day, is now happening almost every time I start the vehicle. This thing that is happening is more than just a little annoying, and with the upcoming winter in upstate New York, I don't want to have to deal with this. At this point I'm pleading with you for any help, assistance, or just plain information as to what is going on. Please don't send me back to the dealership again, as they have no idea how to solve this, and refer me back to you for any possible solution. There are now many new Telluride owners on the Telluride Forum experiencing this same problem. Surely your technical solutions department has at lease a heads up on this by now. All I'm asking from you is for some information that you are aware of and at least searching for some kind of future solution on this persistent problem. Please give me at least something, anything for a sliver of hope that this can be repaired before my warranty expires. Thank you again for your anticipated assistance with this. Regards. Joe

My latest email sent to Mariella at KIA Consumer Assistance ten days ago. As of today, not even the decency of a reply. Their Consumer Affairs department sucks!

Mariella,

The last email I received from you concerning my rear climate control problem was on 04/15/2019. My last attempt for a repair at the dealership where I purchased the vehicle was on 06/18/2019. It's a 100 mile roundtrip for me to go to that dealership. Basically, they told me it's a software problem, and hopefully a "patch" will come out at some point in the future. As you can see, I've tried to be as patient as I can about this electrical/software repair problem, as it's now 11/04/2019. Unfortunately, since I've first communicated with you on 04/02/2019, and my initial contact with KIA Consumer Assistance Center on 03/15/2019 (just three days after I purchased the vehicle) the electrical/software problem has gotten exponentially worse. What was happening once, or twice a day, is now happening almost every time I start the vehicle. This thing that is happening is more than just a little annoying, and with the upcoming winter in upstate New York, I don't want to have to deal with this. At this point I'm pleading with you for any help, assistance, or just plain information as to what is going on. Please don't send me back to the dealership again, as they have no idea how to solve this, and refer me back to you for any possible solution. There are now many new Telluride owners on the Telluride Forum experiencing this same problem. Surely your technical solutions department has at lease a heads up on this by now. All I'm asking from you is for some information that you are aware of and at least searching for some kind of future solution on this persistent problem. Please give me at least something, anything for a sliver of hope that this can be repaired before my warranty expires. Thank you again for your anticipated assistance with this. Regards. Joe
Maybe you should let them know if you do not hear back that your next action will be to file complaints with the your states Consumer Protection Agency, the Federal Trade Commission, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau AND your states Attorney General's office. Maybe that will prompt a response:(