Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

TROUBLE WITH THE REAR CLIMATE CONTROL PANEL

Joe

I use all the correct steps listed in the vehicle manual to turn off (disable) the rear climate control button. I do this in conjunction; using all of the assigned controls on the front panel (on the dash), the front monitor (plus I activate the "locked" button on this monitor) and the rear climate control panel that's located in the ceiling over the second row captains chairs. My problem is the rear climate control will not stayed turned off. It deactivates (turns off) for a period of time. Sometimes it lasts for a day, and other times just several hours. I don't want it running unless I actually need it, as it's a needless electrical draw on the system, and I don't care for the noise it makes as it vents through the extensive rear climate control system. I'm at a loss how to keep it turned off, and would appreciate any advice you might have here. I will eventually contact the service manager at the dealership, but don't expect too much help, as it's too new a vehicle to have a history on. Any advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated. Joe

When it turns back on automatically were you using defrost?

OP
Joe

Joe

Thread Starter #3
When it turns back on automatically were you using defrost?
No. I have tried deactivating it in all modes, without luck. It turned on again this morning, after I cold started it. Very strange, as it's activated on the dashboard monitor, and the second row seat overhead control panel. The defrost mode is the nosiest or loudest. Even if it was quiet, I don't like the idea of a fan pushing air through the rear climate control system; without me being able to turn if off and on permanently at my command. It seems very strange, that the system goes back to on automatically, after sitting in the garage overnight. I hope to call the KIA service department Monday, but don't expect much luck as it sounds like something I might have to live with. P.S. I just went out to start the SUV after it had been sitting there for just four hours. The rear climate control had once again activated itself. The fan was on its number two setting, and it was in the mode that blows air straight on, and also down to the floor. There's no way it should be doing this when its in the lock mode on the monitor.

Just throwing something out there and I realize it's probably apples to oranges but on my GMC I have to physically turn off the rear screen by turning the rear fan speed switch all the way to off/zero. Even if I have the front control turned off the rear screen will still come on unless I turn off the fan switch at the rear screen. Just something else to try, good luck...

OP
Joe

Joe

Thread Starter #5
Just throwing something out there and I realize it's probably apples to oranges but on my GMC I have to physically turn off the rear screen by turning the rear fan speed switch all the way to off/zero. Even if I have the front control turned off the rear screen will still come on unless I turn off the fan switch at the rear screen. Just something else to try, good luck...
Thank you for your suggestion. I've tried that too without success. In fact, I just went out and started it up, and once again the rear climate control has activated itself, even with the front control panel completely off. Its also always in the second fan speed mode, with the air direction mode blowing straight on. A frustrating problem for sure. It's time for me to give up, and call the dealer service department tomorrow. :-(

OP
Joe
Thread Starter #7
any update,...i have the same issue
Unfortunately no. I have been back to the dealer twice and contacted KIA's consumer affairs department with no tangible results. In addition, the rear climate control now activates itself several times a day when I'm driving. I'm being told by my dealership that eventually some kind of software patch will be made available to correct this onboard tech problem. It's a fact that many new Telluride owners are now experiencing this same problem. I'm glad you contacted me, as your asking has given me new interest in contacting KIA once again for some kind of update after all these months. Fortunately, I've kept every contact documentation I've had since I purchased the vehicle this past March. It will be interesting to hear what kind of bullsh*t KIA's consumer affairs department gives me this time. If I hear anything new, or encouraging I will certainly post it here. Thank you again for contacting me about this. Regards, Joe